Not sure what the deal is, but yesterday I was either using the browser or writing and email and missed a call! Is that true w/the Storm? Is there a way to set the phone up so this doesn't happen?
    01-16-09 07:56 AM
    thats a good question b/.c this has happend to me a few times as well
    01-16-09 07:59 AM
    It's just a random glitch. It shouldn't happen everytime. If it is - there might be something wrong w/ your phone. Did you have good service when the call came in? Could've been a coincedence like if you lost service for a split second and the call went straight to VM.

If it's happening a lot - try pulling your battery.
    01-16-09 09:16 AM
    I know you can't do both at the same time (voice and data), but it should still ring...I think. The only way I could see the call not coming through is if your actually using the data stream when the call comes in (i.e. you are rendering a site, sending/receiving email, etc.)
    01-16-09 09:38 AM
    My phone actually interrupts and overrides the browser and all other apps when a call comes in. I'm on factory installed .75 and came from iPhone 3G which spoiled me in terms of using data and voice concurrently, which I actually miss a great deal but have learned to live with over the last two weeks.

Since the phone receives/transmits data in packets, there should be no reason the voice wouldn't be able to interrupt a transfer to at least notify you of a call. I would ask Verizon check it out at the least.
    01-16-09 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD