This is weird....i'll get notified when i get a new email...almost all the time

sometimes, i'll hear a faint 'click' from my phone. barely any sound at all. i look over, and sure enough, there's a new message.

why is this happening sometimes, and the other times i'm getting the notification? why is it sometimes silent?

thanks

Hubie the Nubie
    03-13-09 02:13 PM
    Known bug. It also happens when the touchscreen is in use. If you happen to be selecting or pressing something on it while the notification should play, it won't play. It's definitely OS related because it's gotten a bit better the higher the leaks have been, but still not fixed entirely.
    03-13-09 04:47 PM
    This is weird....i'll get notified when i get a new email...almost all the time

sometimes, i'll hear a faint 'click' from my phone. barely any sound at all. i look over, and sure enough, there's a new message.

why is this happening sometimes, and the other times i'm getting the notification? why is it sometimes silent?

thanks

Hubie the Nubie
    This was an issue on my first phone, and got another one, and an issue on the second one too. On the second one I didnt have them transfer over all my old files, numbers, etc. I wiped my phone and just transfered over the numbers only. Nothing else. Now the alert tone works. I dunno if this will fix your problem. But try backing your contacts up and wipe the phone. Ive fixed one of my friends "broken" storms this way. Might not work, but hey, cant hurt to try...
    03-13-09 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD