okay so im using my phone and everything is fine and all of a sudden a text wouldnt go thru. i did a battery pull to see if it would fix anything and now were the connection is it has a red SOS..can someone please explain how i fix this and what happened?!!!
    06-05-09 11:16 PM
    manage connections > make sure "mobile network" is checked
    06-05-09 11:17 PM
    yeah its checked. then i click on mobile network options and it says data services are on. mobile network *none
    network selection mode: automatic
    network technology: global

how do i fix this!?!
    06-05-09 11:19 PM
    and now it just came back on? outta nowhere
    06-05-09 11:21 PM
    If you find that box is checked click on mobile network options> check to see that the network technology is on global or 1XEV and that the selection mode is on automatic. Also make sure that your data services is set to on.
    06-05-09 11:22 PM
    and now it just came back on? outta nowhere
    Being up in the mountains the signal can change with the wind and rain. You probably want to make sure that your network technology is set to 1XEV so it doesn't try to connect to the GSM towers.
    06-05-09 11:24 PM
    alright yeah i changed it to 1XEV
    06-05-09 11:26 PM
    alright yeah i changed it to 1XEV
    Now the trick is everytime that you reboot the phone it is going to ask you the annoying question of do you want to change the setting back. If you are in an area like that it is critical that you tell it no. Otherwise you will be back at square one. If you want to get rid of that message you have to remove the sim card.
    06-05-09 11:30 PM
    Now the trick is everytime that you reboot the phone it is going to ask you the annoying question of do you want to change the setting back. If you are in an area like that it is critical that you tell it no. Otherwise you will be back at square one. If you want to get rid of that message you have to remove the sim card.
    or if it does, click yes, go to options > mobile netword > set network technology to 1XEV...

then it will never show again (until u upgrade to a new os) w/o removing the sim card
    06-05-09 11:33 PM
    or if it does, click yes, go to options > mobile netword > set network technology to 1XEV...

then it will never show again (until u upgrade to a new os) w/o removing the sim card
    For some reason it always likes to ask me that question when I set it to 1XEV. But that is OK I have come up with a solution which you will see here in a min. I had an what do they call it.... oh an epiphany.
    06-05-09 11:49 PM
    06-05-09 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD