After reading all the bad reviews and the hardware & software problems I'm totally giving up on purchasing a Storm. I've been with Verizon for many years now. My 3 phone contracts are up early January 2009. When the I-Phone first came out I rushed out and got one. Due to calls being dropped and having no service most of the time, I took the I-Phone back to AT&T within two weeks. Then Apple came out and stated the problem with the I-Phone was the chip inside the phone. I was all excited when I heard Rim & Verizon were coming out with a new Blackberry Thunder it was called then. So, I waited and thought I would buy the Storm for X-Mas & my birthday which was three days later. I started to get disappointed when the Storm first came out and all the bad reviews started pouring in. Now with all the hardware & software problems I've decided why should I pay for a new Storm and extend my contracts for another two years for a product was has so many problems? I have a Rzr phone now and wanted to purchase my first Blackberry. I can deal with the software problems due to they'll be fixed hopefully with software updates. But all the hardware problems? Gaps between the screen, dust getting under the screen, buttons falling off & problems with the clickable screen? People having to wedge business cards under their screen? It's obvious that Rim and Verizon rushed this product out before it should have been due to earnings and pure money greed. This is very sad that Rim and Verizon put their greed first before putting out a quality product for their loyal customers. Where was the quality control from Rim before going to Verzion? Where was Verizon's quality control before being introduced to their customers? Once once, earnings and pure greed on their part. As stated earlier, I won't be renewing with Verizon or purchasing the Storm due to all of the above. It's no wonder Research In Motion's stock has gone down about 100 points. With the quality control they have showed concerning their Storm, it shows me that whatever product they'll produce in the future will be just as bad and have the same quality control as the Storm. So with that being said, I don't see a bright future for Rim unless they turn things around and fast. Today, I sold all of my shares of Rimm due to the poor craftsmanship and poor quality control they displayed in building and shipping out the Storm. PLEASE BELIEVE ME FOLKS, I WANTED NOTHING BETTER THAN TO OWN A NEW STORM. Oh well, so the hunt goes for a new cell phone.
    12-31-08 11:02 AM
    But You Never Did... So You Will Never Know For Sure!
    12-31-08 11:03 AM
    I love my storm. Happy belated birthday!
    12-31-08 11:04 AM
    YAa NO $HIT... I've had my storm for 3 weeks and love it. No issues that weren't user error.
    12-31-08 11:05 AM
    Whatever. Thank god you decided to not be all dramatic about it. I love mine. Multiple berries in the
    Past, and enjoying the heck out of the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 11:07 AM
    This is like breaking up with the girlfriend you never had.
    12-31-08 11:08 AM
    Thanks for sharing...??
    12-31-08 11:10 AM
    I've had no problems with my storm - I love it.

Why not give it a trial?
    12-31-08 11:11 AM
    you hear about all the problems never hear about the good untill a post like this comes along!!! i have had no problems with my storm since i got (2 days after release) as much as there are some hardware problems alot of errors are due to people dont knowing anything about technology or a BB.

PS did i mention that i love the storm!!!
    12-31-08 11:11 AM
    yes, listen to the people on the forums who have problems. the only problem with that is, you arent hearing from the hundreds of people who DONT have problems and aren't posting because they have no complaints.

i've had my storm since day 1. okay.. november 25th, but i ordered it day 1!

my hardware is just fine. clicks fine, sounds fine. no dust in the screen (just around the outside, but really.. if i stopped putting it in my pockets and had a holster of some sort.. it wouldnt happen. regardless my phone is great. every few days it'll crash, but hey i guess thats what i get for running a beta OS right? .75 was great, but the .83 features make it worth the 1-2 crashes a week i experience.

RIM is tweaking the software around the clock and has done ALOT to improve the storm. its a real shame that you aren't even going to give something a try, yet apparently have no problems coming and posting your rant about why you quit before you even started, and the rest of your post.

this is the first of its kind. remember that any 1st generation phone (or any technology really) is going to be filled with glitches and bugs that need to be worked out. i feel sorry for you really, especially that you sold your RIM stock and have sworn off the storm without actually trying one.
    12-31-08 11:17 AM
    As much as I'd love to disagree, experiencing some of the problems Jrbrass mentioned I'm beginning to feel the same way. Needless to say, the storm is such a powerful phone and its spoiling me into not wanting to change. You might want to reconsider.
    12-31-08 11:19 AM
    its funny because i felt exactly the way you did. i was so pumped for it to come out but when it finally did i was shocked with all the complaints. i played with a few friends of mine's storms before i bit the bullet to purchase one and was COMPLETELY turned off by the laggy software and defective screen. they all rushed out to buy them the day they came out. i recently read that the new units were MUCH better and was a night and day difference from the original units that were made. they supposedly revamped the screen twice clicking issue along with the seal and have updated the software to something much more reliable and friendly. i played with their storms again, and was sold. much much improved. i ended up purchasing one last week and it has been such a joy. no problems what so ever. the hardware is solid as a rock, the screen is perfect compared to what i played with in the past, no dust (i pocket it every single day), the operating system is pretty spot on (especially since i upgraded to .85). i think its sad youve given up on something you havent even seen or tried for yourself. remember, i felt EXACTLY the way you did. i ended up purchasing one, and was completely blown away. you do know you have 30 days to try the phone out and if you still dont like it, you can return it for a FULL REFUND no questions asked with verizon. ive done that to an LG Dare which i liked, but ended up returning for a curve. try it out! you seriously have nothing to lose!
    Last edited by topherserrano; 12-31-08 at 11:25 AM.
    12-31-08 11:21 AM
    This is like breaking up with the girlfriend you never had.
    Ok that was funny.
    12-31-08 11:23 AM
    The way I see it is that you get 30 days to try it out the bad reviews on here are from people who got bad ones. I hear the new batch of storms they are making are even better I got mine Dec. 21st and havent had a problem yet. So I would say try it on your own and don't let others reviews influence your decision. I was skeptic at first but then when I got my storm I was like what are these people talking about cause mine was perfect, but like I said give it a chance and at worst take it back and get a new phone simple as that! And plus the phone is going to get better especially when those themes start coming out and stuff! GOOD LUCK!
    12-31-08 11:24 AM
    usually, im the most unlucky guy ever. but seeing is how soo many people have reported problems and issues regarding their new storm, i fee like i have won the lottery. simply put, i have had 0 problems or issues besides the somewhat steep learning curve (first time bb user). it sux to think that a lot of people are basing their opinion on other peoples experience, rather then trying it for themselves. but hey, different strokes for different fokes.
    12-31-08 11:26 AM
    Ok I have said it more than once, and will say it again "it is new technology". I cant think of to many things that released new that didnt have bugs thats how technology works. No matter how QA you have you cant catch everything. It is also a machine you have to expect some of them to have is like bad screen, buttons, clicking issues, and ect. To give up on something because of what other have caomplained about is a bit rash.
    Compare the amount of people who love their Storms and havent had any problems I bet it greatly out numbers the complaints. With the new adjustments and software you would be in for a really great phone. I have had blackberries for ever with only minor issues.
    12-31-08 11:30 AM
    I love my storm! too bad you won't have one... oh and I have a good insurance to it, so if something happens to it or a better one comes out I'll switch
    Thanks Topherserrano & all the others that have felt the same way I do. I've thought about trying it for 30 days, I still might now. But, my question would be is RIM still reworking the design of the Storm as far as the gap in the screen & buttons falling off? As far as new technology, a new product shouldn't have gaps in the screen where dust will get in and buttons are falling off. That is why you have a quality control department. Just think about it, if there is a gap in the screen and dust gets in, what about if it rains or you live in a humid environment? I would think that could possibly damage the unit itself. If they're producing a better quality Storm than they did when they first came out with the Storm, I just might think about getting one here in a month or two. But I don't want one if they're just working on the software end of it. Plus, if they're building better Storms now than before, what about the people that bought one of the first ones out? I guess Verizon should share the blame as well, they were the ones who approved it before introducing it to their customers. Thanks everyone, I love this site and hopefully in the future I will be able to follow along with you all with my new Blackberry which ever one it is.
    Last edited by Jrbrass; 12-31-08 at 11:36 AM.
    After reading all the bad reviews and the hardware & software problems I'm totally giving up on purchasing a Storm. I've been with Verizon for many years now. My 3 phone contracts are up early January 2009. When the I-Phone first came out I rushed out and got one. Due to calls being dropped and having no service most of the time, I took the I-Phone back to AT&T within two weeks. Then Apple came out and stated the problem with the I-Phone was the chip inside the phone. I was all excited when I heard Rim & Verizon were coming out with a new Blackberry Thunder it was called then. So, I waited and thought I would buy the Storm for X-Mas & my birthday which was three days later. I started to get disappointed when the Storm first came out and all the bad reviews started pouring in. Now with all the hardware & software problems I've decided why should I pay for a new Storm and extend my contracts for another two years for a product was has so many problems? I have a Rzr phone now and wanted to purchase my first Blackberry. I can deal with the software problems due to they'll be fixed hopefully with software updates. But all the hardware problems? Gaps between the screen, dust getting under the screen, buttons falling off & problems with the clickable screen? People having to wedge business cards under their screen? It's obvious that Rim and Verizon rushed this product out before it should have been due to earnings and pure money greed. This is very sad that Rim and Verizon put their greed first before putting out a quality product for their loyal customers. Where was the quality control from Rim before going to Verzion? Where was Verizon's quality control before being introduced to their customers? Once once, earnings and pure greed on their part. As stated earlier, I won't be renewing with Verizon or purchasing the Storm due to all of the above. It's no wonder Research In Motion's stock has gone down about 100 points. With the quality control they have showed concerning their Storm, it shows me that whatever product they'll produce in the future will be just as bad and have the same quality control as the Storm. So with that being said, I don't see a bright future for Rim unless they turn things around and fast. Today, I sold all of my shares of Rimm due to the poor craftsmanship and poor quality control they displayed in building and shipping out the Storm. PLEASE BELIEVE ME FOLKS, I WANTED NOTHING BETTER THAN TO OWN A NEW STORM. Oh well, so the hunt goes for a new cell phone.
    Great-Wall-O-Text!!!

Dude... paragraphs.
    12-31-08 11:37 AM
    dude just get the storm, i was pretty worried before i got it, however now im very happy with it. indeed it may lag or bug up rarely but its well worth it. its much better than anything else out there. just try it and if you need any help ill personally help you. email me
    Last edited by David561; 12-31-08 at 11:41 AM.
    12-31-08 11:37 AM
    Great-Wall-O-Text!!!

Dude... paragraphs.
    wall-0-text hahahah
    12-31-08 11:38 AM
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Your post is completely null and void because you've 30 days to return any phone you want.
    12-31-08 11:39 AM
    dude just get the storm, i was pretty worried before i got it, however now im very happy with it. indeed it may lag or bug up rarely but its well worth it. its much better than anything else out there. just try it and if you need any help ill personally help you. email me [email protected]
    Dave, unless you want to get spam sent directly to your BB... never post your BB email out in the public. Just an idea.
    12-31-08 11:40 AM
    LOL, Paragraphs... didn't think I'd be graded on my post. :-) At least it wasn't grammer or spelling. LOL Thanks again for listening everyone.
    12-31-08 11:40 AM
    This is my first blackberry with vzw and I LOVE THE STORM. i've had other smartphones before getting the BB storm and i cant believe i waited so long to jump into blackberrys. i've had no problems with my storm, i'm not affected by some of its shortcomings. everyone expects machines to be perfect but who actually builds these machines??.....humans do and humans aren't perfect. too bad you didnt at least try it out for 30 days, i guess you'll never know.
    12-31-08 11:41 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD