Tomorrow the blackberry slingbox client is going to be released tomorrow (beta) wonder why it won't be available for the storm? Wonder if it would still work even though it doesnt have the storm down as a supported device.

Sling Media - BlackBerry
    12-29-08 02:30 PM
    My guess, and this really isn't that hard to pin down, is that Verizon put the squash on this one. I love my Storm and my coverage but Verizon is known for clamping down and pushing their own brand and services. For example, no wi-fi in the 9530 so you are forced to use their network only. With this, if you were able to stream your TV through your Storm via SlingBox then it would only inhibit you from going on V Cast and streaming their content...which of course forces you to cough up another 10 bucks a month! They try to limit your options with third party apps so you can keep it close to home and use their content only. I could be off-base, but this is VZW we're talking about.
    12-29-08 02:37 PM
    That is my guess as well, but I've been looking forward to a slingbox client since I have owned a blackberry, it certainly would have made it complete, would look so awesome on the storm's screen. I just wonder if it will still work, just not be supported.
    12-29-08 02:40 PM
    Slingbox on the Storm would be wicked if it worked.
    12-29-08 02:44 PM
    Can't imagine this not happening in the near future. I had a treo before the storm and I was getting slingbox on it with verizon service.
    12-29-08 03:52 PM
    I could be a vast Verizon conspiracy, or it could be that the Slingbox was developed before its engineers were able to get their hands on the Storm and the software is just not available for it yet because the phone is so new.
    12-29-08 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD