The series of events that led up to my Data service being lost.. I transferred ownership of the line into my name from a business account. For some reason my voice mail box was deleted a call to CSR resolved this issue. Later that afternoon I lost all data service. I was able to make and receive calls and send and receive messages. I called Verizon wireless CSR and was on the phone for over an hour trying to resolve the issue. After no joy on the phone (I had to return to my work duties) I returned home that evening and did a complete wipe with JL comander (tutorial found here in the tips and tricks section) and reloaded the latest os from BB. I restored my information and today on the phone with Verizon wireless CSR I reprogrammed the phone (*228) and re-registered my phone with the network. ( Options-->Advanced options--->host table--->BB button---> register) and viola I have my data service back. Also the BB tech was confused that my phone did not have a SIP password and thought that was the problem, however It still shows no password and the phone is connected. Hope this helps someone in the future.
    11-12-09 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD