i noticed .. i dont get any of my yahoo or hotmails email If i am in call .. as soon as i hang up all the emails would start coming ..this is annoying ..as want emails to show up as soon as i get them .. is there a way to fix this ?
    12-22-08 01:16 PM
    I would assume that is Verizon's 3g...

Att 3g will allow voice and data communication together while it appears Verizon will not.
    12-22-08 01:17 PM
    Unfortunately on CDMA that's not a possibility yet. It will only work on GSM networks that is why AT&T is able to do it.
    12-22-08 01:19 PM
    That is a clear advantage of HSPA over Verizon's EVDO
    12-22-08 01:21 PM
    Anyone know if LTE will allow simultaneous voice & data once Verizon launches their 4G network?
    12-22-08 01:25 PM
    Anyone know if LTE will allow simultaneous voice & data once Verizon launches their 4G network?
    4G will offer voice, data and hotdogs
    12-22-08 01:42 PM
    4G will offer voice, data and hotdogs
    And much much more.
    12-22-08 01:43 PM
    I could've sworn that when I was using my 8830 that I would at least get a notification that I had received an email/sms, etc. But now I don't get anything until I end the call. I don't know, maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.
    12-22-08 01:47 PM
    Really?

Unfortunately on CDMA that's not a possibility yet. It will only work on GSM networks that is why AT&T is able to do it.
    My company phone is a BB Pearl through the AT&T EDGE network -- and I am not able to simultaneously talk on the phone AND receive e-mails, SMS or MMS.

We use the BES - which may be why?
    12-22-08 01:50 PM
    I don't know of any Blackberries that can receive Emails while on a call. This is just how blackberries are. You can still receive texts but no emails.
    12-22-08 01:58 PM
    I recently switched from ATT (Curve) to VXW (Storm) and I could not receive emails while on the phone. As soon as I hung up, all the emails came in. Didn't really bother me though.
    12-22-08 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD