I have a strange problem with the Storm themes i bought.
    I use the Perfectstorm Theme a lot and lately the Metalic Theme from jc design.

My carrier Vodafone upgraded to 4.7.0.173 wich i did via the Desktop Manager. After a battpull from 60 sec restarted but not any bought theme will give an alert when an email or sms comes in.

When I switch to the standard Zen theme it all works.
    I can,t even add an agenda point in the bought themes this is no problem with the standard theme .

No theme maker understand my problem .

The standard zen theme is working great on the Storm but.... it has not a today plus home screen wich i use.

Forgive me my english .

Appsberry Amsterdam Netherlands .
    Last edited by AppsBerry; 10-11-09 at 03:37 AM.
    10-11-09 03:34 AM
    I have a strange problem with the Storm themes i bought.
    I use the Perfectstorm Theme a lot and lately the Metalic Theme from jc design.

My carrier Vodafone upgraded to 4.7.0.173 wich i did via the Desktop Manager. After a battpull from 60 sec restarted but not any bought theme will give an alert when an email or sms comes in.

When I switch to the standard Zen theme it all works.
    I can,t even add an agenda point in the bought themes this is no problem with the standard theme .

No theme maker understand my problem .

The standard zen theme is working great on the Storm but.... it has not a today plus home screen wich i use.

Forgive me my english .

Appsberry Amsterdam Netherlands .
    This is something you are going to run into as a lot of themes are not compatible with that OS build yet. If you havent already, email the Theme developers and ask them when they are going to update their theme to be compatible with your OS, and rock the default zen ion the meantime.
    10-11-09 03:58 AM
    I did mail them , they don,t have heard this problem before .

After a few kind mails , John from JC Design says it could he uses the latest theme builder from RIM/Plazmic and Maybe could be working with 5.0 final for the Storm if that is the problem .

I am alone with this problem ?
    10-11-09 04:08 AM
    I did mail them , they don,t have heard this problem before .

After a few kind mails , John from JC Design says it could he uses the latest theme builder from RIM/Plazmic and Maybe could be working with 5.0 final for the Storm if that is the problem .

I am alone with this problem ?
    Well like I was saying a lot of people were having issues with themes on .167 and .173. If John says it should work then there maybe something wrong with your theme. Have you tried deleting and re-installing?

Check out this theme by Natemz http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/bl...natemz-296073/
    10-11-09 04:11 AM
    Yes tried reinstall .
    Wipe also , John did not say it should work , but.. he did not know the problem.
    10-11-09 04:32 AM
    Yes tried reinstall .
    Wipe also , John did not say it should work , but.. he did not know the problem.
    Thats really weird. If you have some spare time on your hands i would try loading 5.0 and see how you like that, think you will like it a lot actually, but also see if your theme works then.

Actually one thing just popped into my mind, you said you had 2 different themes currently, correct? Are they both installed on your device? If so remove one to tst the other, and vice-versa, and see if hat works. Sometimes multiple themes on a device can cause issues for other themes.

Always a good idea to only keep 1 3rd party theme on your device at a time anyways.

Good Luck!
    10-11-09 04:41 AM

Actually one thing just popped into my mind, you said you had 2 different themes currently, correct? Are they both installed on your device? If so remove one to tst the other, and vice-versa, and see if hat works. Sometimes multiple themes on a device can cause issues for other themes.

Always a good idea to only keep 1 3rd party theme on your device at a time anyways.

Good Luck!

This could be a big try do you mean including remove ..the standard zen theme ?.
    I will wait for youre replay and then do this right away .
    Pffff ...did not know that two themes or more could interfere with each other.

Should be verry fine I like the Metallic theme so much .
    When I down grade it works perfect .

The new OS is a bit faster and doesnt leak memory at all.
    Last edited by AppsBerry; 10-11-09 at 08:23 AM.
    10-11-09 08:19 AM
    Deleted the other themes took the battery out for a minute .
    Restarted and still no email alerts and no adds in the agenda possible.

with the zen theme it works fine and with the downgrade it works fine with all the themes .

GRRR
    10-11-09 09:14 AM
    Never delete the default theme! 3rd party themes need that default to run properly. Really weird that they are not working.
    10-11-09 03:25 PM
    Themes are broke with most the upper 4.7 builds, dont use anything but default.

Also as mentioned never delete the default theme, bad things happen
    10-11-09 06:31 PM
    Themes are broke with most the upper 4.7 builds, dont use anything but default.

Also as mentioned never delete the default theme, bad things happen
    Ok clear about the default Zen, I tried a lot yesterday with OS vodafone 4.7.0.173 nothing worked fine with the theme except with de deault theme.

I downgrade again to os vodafone 4.7.0.141 and the theme works great.
    It must be indeed something with the upper 4.7 .

Weird huh ?
    10-12-09 02:07 AM
    There are so much improvements in 173 for me that I just settledf for using the (tried and tested) Zen. Seriously, downgrading from 173 is a no go, but I hope it works out for you
    10-12-09 08:17 AM
    I did the downgrading, I need a today screen for the Agenda and mails . But again with the zen theme it works great I know .

Will wait for a new upgrade for the themes Metalic or the PerfectStorm I prefer, this with.... QuickLaunch .
    10-12-09 08:48 AM
    Received a mail today.

An update of BlackBerry� Device Software version 4.7 is available. This update includes optimizations and enhancements approved by your wireless service provider. Note: If your device is associated with an email account that uses a BlackBerry� Enterprise Server, contact your administrator for more information about updating.

OS 4.7.0.181

Will try this and..... give mine xperience in a few days
    10-14-09 01:40 AM
    I did install the OS 4.7.0.181 nice OS, but.... same problems with the bought theme's.
    No sound alerts with email or sms.
    Not possible to make new appointments in the Agenda.

With the default theme not any of these problems ...

hmmm
    10-15-09 01:41 AM
    Back to .141 Vodafone and everything works.
    I like the speed of the higher OS but thats it grrrrr
    10-16-09 02:00 AM
    seriously dump a theme for a better OS. You will live without the themes
    10-16-09 02:13 AM
    seriously dump a theme for a better OS. You will live without the themes
    +1 I completely agree!
    10-16-09 03:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD