When I have my Storm connected to my computer at work is there a way to stop incoming e-mails on my Storm? Since I am at my computer there is no reason to receive messages on both my computer and my storm. I find myself having to manage e-mails twice. I still want to receive text messages but just not e-mails. Help!
    03-25-09 11:46 AM
    there is a setting on your phone for "firewall" that you can enable to block emails while you're on your pc. there are threads about it. idk if they will all slam you when you turn it off, never used it....but search for the "firewall" or "block emails" and you'll find it.
    03-25-09 11:50 AM
    Did you ever figure this out?
    03-25-09 11:54 AM
    Under Firewall I have the following that I can block: SMS/MMS/Pin/Blackberry interent Service/Enterprise e-mail

What shoud I block......enterprise e-mail?
    03-25-09 12:07 PM
    So the firewall can be turned off while we're on the pc .. makes sense but what about when we are away from home, and we put it back on?
    Wouldn't STORM then send all the e-mails that were blocked, once the firewall is turned back on
    03-25-09 12:13 PM
    s
    e
    a
    r
    c
    h

i
    s

y
    o
    u
    r

f
    r
    i
    e
    n
    d

like i stated, it has been discussed. my purpose was to educate you as to the feature required to satisfy your needs. utilize your resources and learn something new.
    if you need help, feel free to PM me or any other "educated" user on here and we will be more than happy to help you out in any way necessary.

"give a man a fish, feed him for a day. teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime."

not to be rude, but it gets old, new users asking the same questions over and over. we're just trying to catch you up to speed with the rest of us.
    good luck
    03-25-09 12:30 PM
    I tried it, and I find that it's easier to read via BB because of the option to delete on both phone and pc/web at the same time, with just one click.
    Thanks for the info though - the more we know, the better.
    03-25-09 12:34 PM
    Well you make me feel like an *****. I've searched and searched on here for a month so I must be missing something. I finally gave up on searching and posted a message. I understand how to go to the firewall. I tried to block enterprise e-mail and it didn't work. (which would make sense since I'm not using the BB enterprise function) It did however kept asking me for permission to allow certain items related to the apps I have downloaded (i.e slacker). I guess I'll keep searching. I'm pretty savvy with technology so I must be missing something. Thanks anyways
    03-25-09 12:42 PM
    If you are on BES I believe there is an option on the BES Server and Desktop manager to not redirect incoming emails while the phone is plugged in.

As for BIS, not to sure on that one.
    03-25-09 12:46 PM
    Under Firewall I have the following that I can block: SMS/MMS/Pin/Blackberry interent Service/Enterprise e-mail

What shoud I block......enterprise e-mail?

Well you make me feel like an *****. I've searched and searched on here for a month so I must be missing something. I finally gave up on searching and posted a message. I understand how to go to the firewall. I tried to block enterprise e-mail and it didn't work. (which would make sense since I'm not using the BB enterprise function) It did however kept asking me for permission to allow certain items related to the apps I have downloaded (i.e slacker). I guess I'll keep searching. I'm pretty savvy with technology so I must be missing something. Thanks anyways

I thought i'd chime in here ....

According to your post, I believe it is the Enterprise e-mail option .... but I think it would depend on how many e-mail services you have going on your Blackberry.

(blackberry, yahoo, gmail, msn, etc)
    03-25-09 12:50 PM
    Bes is going to block corporate email. You're prolly bis. Which is internet based servers. Yahoo, gmail, etc. Rule of thumb is "if you're on bes you'd know"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 01:09 PM
    Thats correct I am on BIS (although it is my corporate e-mail). I am currently asking my IT guy to install the Enterprise server so that hopefully it will help my solution. So then I would be correct in stating that when I select the block on enterprise email its not going to work since I am on bis. I know I'm annoying you Patches but I'll get there. One day I'll be the Crackberry abuser helping out a newbie also.
    03-25-09 01:21 PM
    Thats correct I am on BIS (although it is my corporate e-mail). I am currently asking my IT guy to install the Enterprise server so that hopefully it will help my solution. So then I would be correct in stating that when I select the block on enterprise email its not going to work since I am on bis. I know I'm annoying you Patches but I'll get there. One day I'll be the Crackberry abuser helping out a newbie also.
    YOU are not annoying. The concept of just starting a new thread is what�s annoying. I, however, realize that for a lot of people new to the RIM world don't know the terminology to correctly word their questions, so they're stuck with "that thing that beeps when I get an email" or "the thingy that makes the browser work". The hardest part is learning the service, what it does, what it doesn't do, creating realistic expectations of services, and what stuff is called so you can communicate. Much like musicians (like me) it's hard to communicate with people who don't know music theory. You can't say "we are playing a 4/4 12 bar blues in A". That is like one of the most basic concepts in music IMO. But if you don�t have a background you'd look at me like I just spoke Greek. Anyway, you're asking the right questions, and generally going about it the right way. Good work n00b. You get +1 for the day.
    03-25-09 01:28 PM
    after i replied to that i immediately got a movie reference in my head...
    "HE11, i like you, you can come home and F*CK my sister"

sorry i can't communicate properly without referring to movies. there...
    03-25-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD