So my last storm was dead... but I know for a fact the screen was good. So I bought a parts phone off ebay that was supposed to be in good shape but a bad screen..... so I swapped the main board into my phone.. plugged everything into apploader installed it... and the screen never turns on.. I get it to sorta light up with faint white lines through it but thats it? any ideas
    11-18-09 02:38 PM
    You may have torn a cable.
    11-18-09 05:16 PM
    the phone even works i put my sim card in it and called it and it works... I cant figure it out...
    11-18-09 05:25 PM
    anyone have any idea.... could it be hardware... or just bad screens? or even software but I have wiped the phone and put 5.0 on it
    11-19-09 06:17 PM
    Maybe you didn't put it back together correctly...didn't plug the screen back in correctly, tore a wire, etc. I would start from scratch and go very slowly, making sure everything is done right. You may have overlooked something or your screen actually went bad too.
    11-19-09 06:54 PM
    ive tripple check everything 45 times... maybe the screen went bad but I dont see how it could be... anyone have a spare screen they would like to donate
    11-19-09 06:58 PM
    Same thing happened to me. Bought a used storm, unlocked it so I could use on my carrier. I did for like two days then the screen went dark. Even before it would freeze up on me. Dont know why. Then now that my screen was blank, u could hear the button being pressed not freezing up. So any way I took, I took it to a repair store. They told me that it sounds like the LCD screen is bad. Gonna pick it, hopefully next week. If thats the case.... Wait n see... Oh n dont know what software it had. Will let u know
    11-19-09 06:58 PM
    def let me know.... my screen lights up but it has a bunch of green/white lines through it and u cant see anything at all... if wiggles the cable with the phone on and it doesnt get any better.. id hate to trash the phone but I have already spent enough money on 2 storms!
    11-19-09 07:11 PM
    yeah thats how mine was too. the screen was kinda loose. would shake it n it would sound like "maracas". wow 2 storms
    11-19-09 07:24 PM
    hahah well mine doesnt make any sounds... but if i call my phone from my house number it rings like normal and answeres normal , if i press the side buttons I can still hear the voice say say a command.... so I dont think the actualy phone is bad everything seems to work fine... just not the screen thing is i tried my lcd from my other storm but its compltly dead so that screen may be dead also... same thing but different color lines through the screen
    11-19-09 07:27 PM
    OK over did it with the maracas there. but there is a noise. mine did the same thing. it would ring, the camera light came on n my alarm came on every hr. no color line. just dark lighted. will let u know \, just dont start throwin ur berries just yet
    11-19-09 07:43 PM
    So my last storm was dead... but I know for a fact the screen was good. So I bought a parts phone off ebay that was supposed to be in good shape but a bad screen..... so I swapped the main board into my phone.. plugged everything into apploader installed it... and the screen never turns on.. I get it to sorta light up with faint white lines through it but thats it? any ideas
    I've neverr taken one apart, or looked at what's involved in it

You first storm was dead. For some reason, but you know the screen was good.

You bought a broken storm that was supposed to have a bad screen, and took the main board out of it and put it into your original storm.

Now your original storm behaves like the broken one off ebay.

One might wonder if the problem with the broken one from ebay wasn't a bad screen after all, but perhaps a bad part on the main board that drives the screen. You assumed the main board in the one from ebay was fine, but you don't really know that to be true.
    11-19-09 07:49 PM
    I've neverr taken one apart, or looked at what's involved in it

You first storm was dead. For some reason, but you know the screen was good.

You bought a broken storm that was supposed to have a bad screen, and took the main board out of it and put it into your original storm.

Now your original storm behaves like the broken one off ebay.

One might wonder if the problem with the broken one from ebay wasn't a bad screen after all, but perhaps a bad part on the main board that drives the screen. You assumed the main board in the one from ebay was fine, but you don't really know that to be true.
    got a point ....
    11-19-09 08:30 PM
    yeah I know I was thinking that too, as to why I am scared to guy buy another screen somewhere.... someone be nice and donate me one I will mail it back lol
    11-19-09 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD