Hi there, I recently updated my Storm through the desktop manager, but when the new software was finished installing, I had lost all of my contacts, my applications, as well as my web broswer!

I mananged to reload the bbm through the app loader, but my contacts and broswer are still missing.

I've tried copying my contacts from sim card via the option the phone gives me, but nothing happens. I would assume that my contacts are stored somewhere in the backup file that the desktop manager created before/during the software update, but I don't know how to reload those onto my phone.

In addition, if this wasn't bad enough already, after the update my 8GB micro SD memory card is throwing me for a loop. Whenever I insert it, it says cannot be accessed, a fatal error as occurred. Which leads me to believe it fried my memory card somehow.

My carrier (Telus) could offer me no explanation as to how this happened or how to fix (any of) the above.

Any suggestions?
    10-31-10 05:53 PM
    Did you resend your service books?
    That will bring your browser back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-10 05:56 PM
    If the phone is properly activated on Telus, just turn your radio back on and then go to Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table and hit Menu/Register Now. That'll reactivate all your options via Service Book download.
    10-31-10 08:00 PM
    Thanks for the response.
    I followed the above steps, but no luck with the browser. I received an email from blackberry after registering the on the host routing table, which said "Your handheld had been registered with the wireless network"
    But no browser.

I tried re-registering it again, then did a hard reboot, still no luck. Is there a way I can reload the browser back to the phone through app loader? Or is there another browswing application that I can replace the stardard browser with?
    11-01-10 06:52 PM
    ps I'm at work and trying to type way too fast whilst tabbing in-between windows trying not to get caught... so don't mind my typo's and spelling mistakes!
    11-01-10 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD