Hello, I have my 9530 unlocked to all the phone companies in Latin America..

I came to Honduras and I had to unlock my phone to the local phone carriers.. i spend around $50 unlocking my phone! I know! I paid way too much for it.. but oh well!; so i unlocked the phone and i can make calls, send sms, and use the internet.. however, i cannot connect to the blackberry services (blackberry messenger, etc) i get the edge signal..and from what i heard i need to get the signal in CAPS! "EDGE".. i went to the local network provider (TIGO, CELTEL) to see if they could configure the phone and they said that VERIZON have a contract with RIM and that theres no way in **** that this phone can be unlocked because RIM installed a software in the phone that wont allow you to have the BB services with any other carrierr but Verizon!

btw i did activate the BB DATA PLAN and i still dont get EDGE signal

Do u guys know what could be DONE?
    thanx in advance!!!!
    Last edited by oj10; 04-26-11 at 12:21 AM.
    04-26-11 12:05 AM
    login to your carrier BIS site its something like xxxxxxxxxxxx.blackberry.com and setup your BB there. then you will receive service books and everything.

Dont worry about verizon contracts and **** because if your phone is unlocked you can use it normally.

BTW Here in Sri lanka we had TIGO network and lately it was purchased by Etisalat

AND Dont worry about EDGE signals you wont get EDGE just because you activated BIS. Its network function. when you get in to EDGE covered area you will get EDGE signals
    04-29-11 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD