Hey guys... I have a storm and I just upgraded to Windows 7 RC1 and it seems as if my BB is not recognized. The Desktop manager notices no devices attached and when I put the BB in the USP port... nothing happens.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    06-04-09 07:46 AM
    Hey guys... I have a storm and I just upgraded to Windows 7 RC1 and it seems as if my BB is not recognized. The Desktop manager notices no devices attached and when I put the BB in the USP port... nothing happens.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Here you go
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/wi...dinian-195757/
    06-04-09 08:12 AM
    That's not going to fix a driver issue (which this probably is). Plug the phone in and go into Device Manager. Look for Blackberry under USB and see if there's any issues with it (yellow exclamation point). Right-click it and choose remove. Then unplug the phone and plug it back in. Let Windows load up the correct drivers and try again. Make sure DM is not running while you're doing this.
    06-04-09 09:09 AM
    meh... it seems as if I somehow burned out the one usb port... nothing works on it.. lol, I'm a fool but I simply stuck my cradle into another usb port and it worked... problem is now I'm short 1 plug so I need to get a hub... thanks for your help guys..
    06-04-09 08:21 PM
    meh... it seems as if I somehow burned out the one usb port... nothing works on it.. lol, I'm a fool but I simply stuck my cradle into another usb port and it worked... problem is now I'm short 1 plug so I need to get a hub... thanks for your help guys..
    it happens. good to know you figured it out though . although if you're new to win7, make sure you do disable usb selective suspend on win7 otherwise you'll have OS update issues. read the above post on the USB fix for win7 if you don't know what i'm talking about.
    06-04-09 08:36 PM
    Try not to use the hub for your BB especially when updating an OS
    06-04-09 08:50 PM
    ...and keep in mind that Win 7 isn't an "official" release yet, so stuff like this should be expected.
    06-04-09 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD