Hey guys, so I had the problem of having a 16GB card with over 22GBs of music and growing. I looked for help for a program similar to iTunes where I can just check and uncheck songs.

Heres the trick I found.
    *This is for the people who dont really use the rating system.

1.Do the necessary checking and unchecking
    2. Create Smartlist
    3. Choose "Rating" "is not" " a random star amount that you don't use. I used 4 stars.
    4. Check "Match only checked items"

Tada, now you have a playlist of only the songs checked.

I hope this helps someone.
    02-24-09 09:30 PM
    Or instead of Step 1 where you check and uncheck songs, open up the playlist. Everytime you uncheck something here it gets removed from the list and the bottom shows you how much memory the list will take up. Also all new adds to the library should show up on the playlist/sync list since they are added with checks.

Idk man, this sure beats the heck out of dragging stuff on and off via storage mode.
    02-24-09 09:38 PM
    You can also reencode the music for your phone... typical bitrates on the computer for mp3's are approximately 160-192 kbps average... phone's audo quality isn't nearly as good, 96kbps would save alot of space.
    02-24-09 09:40 PM
    Is that true? I thought the music quality was pretty good but am surprised to hear that.
    02-24-09 10:25 PM
    Oh yea it's pretty good, but compared to say a good set of speakers on a pc, the sound quality won't be as good. Hence you can bump the bitrate down a bit and save space. I always have my phone music around 96kbps
    02-24-09 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD