I am eligible for an upgrade this upcoming summer and I dont plan on going back to the BB world. I just was never really happy with my Storm and having 3 of them didnt impress me either. I text a lot but I love the 3G internet and Email and Facebook etc. So what do u guys suggest be my next phone. Im considering jumping ship to AT&T and getting Iphone or Staying Verizon and going with The Motorola Droid. What do u guys suggest?

Thanks
    03-18-10 05:05 PM
    I am eligible for an upgrade this upcoming summer and I dont plan on going back to the BB world. I just was never really happy with my Storm and having 3 of them didnt impress me either. I text a lot but I love the 3G internet and Email and Facebook etc. So what do u guys suggest be my next phone. Im considering jumping ship to AT&T and getting Iphone or Staying Verizon and going with The Motorola Droid. What do u guys suggest?

Thanks
    Do you live next to either VW or ATT wireless? My first suggestion is to go to the store and look at the products. My suggestion is to play with them a bit. Try to consider the size and feel of the phone. Browse and do a little multitasking . I went to VW (ATT, Sprint, T-mobile aren't an option in my area) and spent some time with all of the nicer smart phones. The two phones I was drawn to the most at VW was the Palm Pre Plus and the Motorola Droid. I did not like the Eris (it didn't help that EVERY SINGLE ERIS was next to the Droid dwarfing and crushing it).
    03-18-10 05:16 PM
    If you are not happy and you can switch you may like the iphone.
    It has more apps, but then again you would have to go to at&t.
    03-18-10 05:17 PM
    I thought the iPhone was coming to Verizon? I too am switching in 89 days. My contract is up and the Storm has been a disappointment most of the time or at least until I finally got the 5 OS. AT&T doesn't have the coverage here like their TV ads would like you to believe so I will stick with Verizon which means no iPhone.
    I know this. Blackberry has been a real downer. Every single theme I have bought over the last year has had a bug or two or sucks the memory. No decent apps and when you get more than 3 apps, the phone becomes useless. I have an iTouch that is loaded with apps, some really cool and many useful and it never ever locks up. If it was only a phone too. Nope, don't need BB anymore unless they come out with something that comes close to what Apple has or ****, close to what Google has come out with.
    03-18-10 07:39 PM
    I'm leaning heavily toward the Nexus One. I don't think I'd use a physical keyboard, so I'll go N1 instead of Droid. I have tried to consider the iPhone but I really don't think I can pull the trigger on that. There is just something about the Apple brand that turns me off. I know the iPhone has more apps, but the difference between the number of quality apps on Android and iPhone will continue to get smaller. There is a point of diminishing returns I think, when it comes to app store size. BB App World is not anywhere near that size, though.
    Last edited by BSG75; 03-19-10 at 04:37 PM.
    03-19-10 12:47 PM
    I bought my wife an Itouch for her Birthday and we really like it but At&t in this area sucks. Just a suggestion. Hang onto your storm a while longer and wait for the droid and nexus one to go second generation. If you hear about the Iphone coming to VW I would suggest that as it is a nice platform. You will never have to worry about not enough memory space. I am going to go IPhone if Verizon ever gets one or I will have my Storm (YUKK) a while longer.

Good luck but I wouldn't jump until I study each phone. I hate that two year commitment.

George
    03-19-10 12:51 PM
    All we really know about Iphone coming to VZ is that the at&t contract is ending soon.
    I don't think verizon has ever announced anything, but here is a blog link:
    Verizon iPhone unveiling next week? - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Brainstorm Tech

Still I would not hold my breath for it.
    03-19-10 02:41 PM
    All we really know about Iphone coming to VZ is that the at&t contract is ending soon.
    I don't think verizon has ever announced anything, but here is a blog link:
    Verizon iPhone unveiling next week? - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Brainstorm Tech

Still I would not hold my breath for it.
    That was posted Jan 20th. I remember a few of those rumors. They all came and went. It's anyone's guess as far as I'm concerned.
    03-19-10 02:46 PM
    The latest articles I've read are saying iPhone will not be coming to VW till 2011. The Droid is really the way to go if you are going to leave BB.
    03-19-10 02:48 PM
    Don't get me wrong, my Storm1 isn't perfect, but I do love my BB. I am anxiously waiting the new Tour2 (Bold whatever, or whatever it is being released as.) the DROID is damn sweet, but like BSG75 said, I have no need for a physical keyboard, at least not on a touch screen device. The Nexus One is launching as well as the Incredible, a Nexus One that is down-clocked to 766MHz and runs Sense-UI. Verizon is FINALLY starting to get a good fleet of phones to choose from. That's my 2 cents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD