Hey

Anyone know or have any idea of when a new OFFICIAL Blackberry Storm 9530 OS firmware update will be released?
    07-27-09 03:46 PM
    07-27-09 03:51 PM
    What "new OFFICIAL OS" are you referring to? .148 got released by Verizon about 6 or 8 weeks ago, but it took about 6 months for that to happen. .151 got released about 2 weeks ago for a carrier in Mexico. That makes it an OFFICIAL release, just not a Verizon release. It's the best OS I've run so far.
    07-27-09 03:51 PM
    the word "official" is misused

the term you want to concern yourself about is "carrier supported". each carrier is responsible for testing and approving their own OS per their requirements and specifications. each carrier can release an entirely different OS build if they choose. so what works for one might not work for the other, depending on network preferences, services, location, etc.

so to do you a favor, i'll rewrite your original question and then answer it.

Hey, i'm on Bell, and i want to know if there will be another supported OS release anytime soon?
    hey man,
    good question. chances are that the next OS most, if not all domestic carriers release will be a 5.0 build, since RIM is updating their internal servers to BES 5.0, and you need compatible software to get all of the benefits.

as far as we know, this will be in a few months, but no official statement or time frame has been stated. so far, only speculation and hear say.

also, your title is horribly misleading. i'd suggest you PM a mod to change the title, or hit the "report" button next to your original post and ask to have it changed. they'll pick an appropriate title, i promise.
    07-27-09 05:26 PM
    not today
    Haha I laughed hella loud at work when I read that.
    07-27-09 05:33 PM
    the word "official" is misused

the term you want to concern yourself about is "carrier supported". each carrier is responsible for testing and approving their own OS per their requirements and specifications. each carrier can release an entirely different OS build if they choose. so what works for one might not work for the other, depending on network preferences, services, location, etc.

so to do you a favor, i'll rewrite your original question and then answer it.

hey man,
    good question. chances are that the next OS most, if not all domestic carriers release will be a 5.0 build, since RIM is updating their internal servers to BES 5.0, and you need compatible software to get all of the benefits.

as far as we know, this will be in a few months, but no official statement or time frame has been stated. so far, only speculation and hear say.

also, your title is horribly misleading. i'd suggest you PM a mod to change the title, or hit the "report" button next to your original post and ask to have it changed. they'll pick an appropriate title, i promise.
    oh patches you always make me laugh dude
    07-27-09 05:45 PM
    not today
    Actually, the correct answer IS "today." Just not this day, 7/27/09. Every morning, wake up and say, "the next OS will be released today," and eventually you will be correct.

P.S. Note to MrGonzo: You might want to head over to the Owner's Lounge. This question is asked every day. Short answer: no one knows. Rinse, wash, repeat. Same question, same answer. Everyday.
    07-27-09 06:09 PM
    Thanks guys i just wanted to know but whatever ill wait
    07-29-09 02:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD