Hello everyone, newbie here. I have been wanting to purchase the Verizon Storm, but afraid to due to all the hardware problems I've read on here. I currently have a Razr and have never owned a Blackberry. I know all the software problems will be fixed through updates, but what about the hardware? I hear the Storm has screen clicking problems, gaps around the screen where dust gets in, buttons falling off, different shades of screen colors depending where it was manufactured? From an experienced Crackberry community, will Rim fix all these hardware problems as they continue to manufacture the Storm? Maybe they are rushing to come out with a second version of the Storm with all the hardware problems fixed? I would think if they hurried and came out with a second version and/or better manufactured Storm they would just replace the older Storms with the new and improved ones? Would love to get one, but right now way too many problems for something that is new and just recently built. I would think buying a new product like this, the customer deserves a well built quality product. Thanks in advance and excited to be a new member of Crackberry.
    John
    12-28-08 07:54 PM
    I just bought the storm the 26th, also my first blackberry. I was very nervous to get it as well since I read about all of the problems people were having. BUT, I also read that verizon was dealing with everything very well and replacing everyone's phone who was having a problem. I've heard of people getting 2 or 3 replacements until they have a good one with no major problems. I guess it's just the luck of the draw with the phone you get. Mine has had no major problems and I am extremely happy with my decision to get the storm. You will have 30 days to return the phone if you decide you don't like it. Most everyone I've heard has had their hardware problems fixed and are happy customers. Good luck.
    12-28-08 08:11 PM
    RIM is a great company with a great rep, buy the device and keep your receipt just in case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 08:14 PM
    Buy the device. Most of these people are just really picky, which is fine, but the phone is great. Don't let the others convince you otherwise. I've used blackberry's for several years. This one works great for personal or corporate use, or both
    12-28-08 08:16 PM
    You have to expect some issues with the amount sold its new technology. For the most part i am sure most were ok. If you have issues you do have 30 days.
    12-28-08 08:16 PM
    go for it. i for one love my storm. the typing on it is rough though.

but other than the typing, its a great device.

and look at it this way.....

IT DOESNT CRACK!

look at all the phones out there that do now!

treo pro, iphone 3g, Sony Ericson X1a, etc.
    12-28-08 08:17 PM
    You are hearing about all the people with problems you aren't hearing from the people with no problems. I have not had a problem with my phone and there are slot of people with out problems.

12-28-08 08:39 PM
    If you really like it go buy it! I was on the fence about it. I had stopped in the store about two weeks ago and played with their demo phones. The demos were awful. They had all the problems i've read about here, light leakage, clicking issues, buttons were kind of loose and the phone had bad lag. One of the 2 demo phones even locked up while I played with it. So I did not have a good first impression. Then one of my buddies at work got the phone last week. I played with his and it was great no problems at all. Then my sister-in-law got one for Xmas hers also was perfect. So I jumped in last night and got one for me and my wife. All I can say is they are perfect
    No hardware issues at all. I'm loving this phone! Also the store still had the same crapy demos out.

12-28-08 08:40 PM
    I say do it.
    12-28-08 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD