First, I want to say this sight is awesome! I just bought a blackberry storm a few days ago and i have to say this is the best phone that I have ever owned. Just like anybody else with a new toy I have some issues with my apps.

I downloaded some IM's........ windows live,aol,yahoo and these apps...... Flickr,google talk,vcast music,facebook. The problem I am having is I deleted all of these but they still show up in my apps folder. I did the options>advanced options>applications and I deleted these from there but I still have the app icons in my folder. How do I delete these from my apps folder?

Thanks in advance!

-Chris
    04-20-09 08:59 PM
    Hey, and welcome.

You can't delete these icons. They are just icons, not the programs.

Just highlight the icon, press the BB button, and click "Hide"

And they'll be gone for good!
    04-20-09 09:11 PM
    Did you try deleting them from your apps folder?
    04-20-09 09:11 PM
    there ya go!!!
    04-20-09 09:12 PM
    Did you pull your battery after you uninstalled? With some of those apps I believe the icon remains even though the program is not installed. you can just highlight the icon and bb menu - hide, OR you can remove through DM. Personally, I just hid the icons incase I wanted to reinstall.
    04-20-09 09:12 PM
    O.K I hid all the icons and it looks much better now thanks for the tip guys. Anything else I can do to make my storm better?

Also, what does the battery pull thing do?
    04-20-09 09:18 PM
    It reboots the phone (like rebooting a PC).
    04-20-09 09:19 PM
    O.K I hid all the icons and it looks much better now thanks for the tip guys. Anything else I can do to make my storm better?

Also, what does the battery pull thing do?
    Blackberry is never really off, even when you hold down the call end button. So inorder to reboot your phone you need to pull out the battery and let it restart (there are also programs that you can download to do the same thing without physically pulling the battery) When ever your phone is acting wonky or you memory runs low (causing the phone to run wonkie) you need to "pull the battery". Many users pull the battery (or use quickpull, etc) once a day or more!
    04-20-09 09:33 PM
    Do I pull the battery out while the phone is on?
    04-20-09 09:37 PM
    Sure can!

(10char)
    04-20-09 09:41 PM
    go to google. Type in" quickpull". Go to the site and download the quickpull application. With this you don't have to physically pull your battery to reset the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 10:36 PM
    Also, I am reading that there are some leaked updates for my phone something like .113 and .122 are these updates really good for this phone. Or should I just leave my phone just the way it is?
    04-22-09 01:55 AM
    I would do some research before installing leaked OS updates. Its not hard to do at all but you can really mess your Storm up if you don't know what your doing. There is a lot of info on here on how to install the leaked OS's and what to do if you brick your Storm or any blackberry at that.
    04-22-09 02:39 AM
    Anybody else with some input on this?
    04-22-09 09:46 AM
    Hey, and welcome.

You can't delete these icons. They are just icons, not the programs.

Just highlight the icon, press the BB button, and click "Hide"

And they'll be gone for good!
    Well clarification ... they won't be gone for good, they'll just be hidden. You actually can delete the icons just hit Options > Delete.
    04-22-09 09:49 AM
    Well clarification ... they won't be gone for good, they'll just be hidden. You actually can delete the icons just hit Options > Delete.
    Not true, those icons cannot be deleted like that. Try it.
    04-22-09 09:53 AM
    Can I update my.75 straight to .122 or do I have to install .113 first?
    04-22-09 09:54 AM
    I would do some research before installing leaked OS updates. Its not hard to do at all but you can really mess your Storm up if you don't know what your doing. There is a lot of info on here on how to install the leaked OS's and what to do if you brick your Storm or any blackberry at that.
    I would recommend 4.7.0.113 which runs great on my Storm. Now I am not the most tech savvy person but the forums provide excellent details on how to do the OS upgrade. PLEASE READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOU START!!! I didn't and almost bricked my phone. Overall though it's not too hard. takes like 30-45 minutes total
    04-22-09 09:59 AM
    welcome to CB!

I have had my Storm over a month and still have not upgraded to a leaked OS. Mine works just fine the way it is and I don't see a need to change it. If you do choose this route, READ everything or you may end up with a huge problem like a bricked phone.
    04-22-09 10:05 AM
    Can I update my.75 straight to .122 or do I have to install .113 first?
    You can upgrade straight to .122. Fully read all the tutorials on the site about upgrading your OS and backing up your applications/data before doing the upgrade. It is a relatively easy process, but one that can screw up your phone if not done correctly. I upgraded to .122 last night and I heartily endorse it for use. Remember, it's not exactly a leaked beta. It is an official release from Bell in Canada so it should work just fine.
    04-22-09 10:09 AM
    Thanks for the responses guys. My storms works excellent right now so I will probably read some more on the OS updates for now. I will try the OS update in the near future.
    04-22-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD