I just saw someone post about there platform... What is it?

Sorry I am new to all of this.
    03-15-09 12:40 PM
    Come one, help the newbie!
    03-15-09 01:32 PM
    They probably meant os (unless I'm in the dark on this) which is the operating system of the phone (or platform) that has many different known versions so far they include the official .75 and then leaks following it all the way up to .114

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 02:22 PM
    Search ..... you will find a lot of threads on "platform".
    03-15-09 02:25 PM
    Each OS has a platform associated with it. If you look at:

Options>about and on the third line down it will show you the Version number of the OS for example v4.7.0.114 and then in parenthesis on the same line is the Platform number. For example for the leaked OS .114 it would be (4.0.0.143).

The platform will change depending on the radio file used. Another example is that I am running the Hybred .114 so mine looks like this

v4.7.0.114 (Platform 4.0.0.136) because the hybred has the radio file from OS .109.

Hope this helps a little.
    03-15-09 05:00 PM
    Search ..... you will find a lot of threads on "platform".
    post like the one you just made are WORTHLESS! you took all this tim to tell him to search, but yet you don't even answer his question! your a tool, don't bother posting if your just going to ignore his question and not help him out.

and to the OP, platform is what your OS is apart of. you can find it like one other user said by going to options, and "about"
    03-15-09 05:06 PM
    post like the one you just made are WORTHLESS! you took all this tim to tell him to search, but yet you don't even answer his question! your a tool, don't bother posting if your just going to ignore his question and not help him out.

and to the OP, platform is what your OS is apart of. you can find it like one other user said by going to options, and "about"
    I agree with your first observation, but I think the Op was asking what a platform is, rather than just being pointed to where he/she can see the platform number.
    03-15-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD