Hi, so i'm new to the Blackberry world and just picked up my first one yesterday, the storm. I've already figured out a ton of stuff but one thing that I can not figure out is how to determine how much memory each application is taking up?

I loaded Facebook, Navigator, Visual Voice Mail, App World, Slacker Radio and Where. All those took up all the avail app memory I had. So I learned how to go into advanced settings and I deleted Slacker Radio and Navigator and i'm back up to 5 MB.

How much total App memory does the Storm have? Is there anything else I should delete that is using up that memory?

How do you know which types of things are using that memory and how much space each of them are using up?

Thank you!
    Vince
    07-25-09 02:53 PM
    wow on 7 apps and it took it down to no avail. app memory. I have just about everything free on my phone and I still have 4.4 mb in app memory

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 02:57 PM
    Yeah I thought that was crazy too....any ideas?
    07-25-09 03:03 PM
    look in the 3rd party apps for a application that monitors your memory. I forget the name of it but someone will know. From there you will easly find the app that is cause the memory leak. Im guessing its where. I had a huge loss in memory when I installed it but now that i got rid of it, my memory is good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 03:09 PM
    Remember to do a reboot to refresh the OS with the added/deleted apps in consideration.

The Storm has a total of 128 MB of app memory with a little over half of that spent on the OS leaving approximately 40-50 with the standard loaded apps. The size of apps can be checked using the BB Download Manager on your computer.

A reboot or battery pull is typically recommended after installation or removal of any new apps. Some 3rd party apps such as Quickpull can simulate a battery pull and is a recommended app.

Some apps leak memory even when not running in the background. Most earlier versions of the OS also had slight memory leak; OS .151 has very little leak.
    07-25-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD