I posted this yesterday and tried some of the advice but I'm still stuck.

I have three email accounts set up, each with their own icon on the main screen. One of them disappeared and I have no idea how to find it.

In addition, the other two accounts that are still on the main screen cannot send anything.

I checked my network and I'm connected. These email accounts were working properly just two days ago, so I know I set everything up correctly.

Someone suggested something about service books but I don't know how to even do that.

I'm brand new to the blackberry and I so want to love this device but I'm really frustrated with the lack of help from blackberry themselves. My phone came with a flimsy "tips and tools" booklet when I bought it, but there's no real owner's manual that has all the "how to" stuff. I'm used to getting a thick manual when I buy my phones but I got nothing this time. Other than coming here, how do I figure out this phone? Thanks in advance for your help!

MM
    05-09-09 10:33 AM
    Well if someone felt it was a service book issue (I doubt that) you can call your service provider and ask them to send it. (I suggest setting up a provider e-mail, which can be done over the phone. Example: [email protected]. That way you can have the service book link sent straight to your phone.) As well, a common happening is when you "hide" icons. This can be fixed by clicking the blackberry button at the home screen (The blackberry button is the one to the right of the send key) This will bring up a menu list, look for the show all option and try it. This may reveal the hidden e-mail. If not, PM me and there are some other options!
    05-09-09 10:39 AM
    You could just go to the Verizon store and ask them to fix your email for you. They will do this free of charge.
    05-09-09 10:52 AM
    I would first check to see if the icon is hidden like platinum suggested. If it isn't you can attempt to send the service books for the individual email accounts by either using the email settings app on your device or logging into your carriers BIS site. If you use the app, log in and you will be sent to a screen containing your email addresses. On this screen press the bb key and click Service Books. Then on the following screen click Send Service Books. On your device you should receive a generic message for each account saying that it is activated. If you choose to do it from the BIS site, log into the site and click Service Books on the panel on left. Then click Send Service Books and you should receive the same generic messages to your device. Also enclosed is a link to download a pdf version of the full manual for the device.

BlackBerry Storm 9530 User Guide

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 10:59 AM
    Just read yesterday's post.

Message menu send option available after recipient is specified.

U may have hidden ur icons. If so, full home screen > menu > show all > highlight icon > menu > uncheck hide. Repeat 4 each icon.
    05-09-09 11:03 AM
    To resend service books go to options, advanced options, host routing table, then hit blackberry button then register now
    05-09-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD