Well I am/was a Verizon employee, nothing to do with wireless, I am now in the new Frontier and I was kinda forced into a Blackberry. I have a few questions. I have a Storm not a Storm 2 and everyone I talk to says the quality of my voice is terrible. Would the Storm 2 be a better fix or just get away from the Storm altogether.
    Second, I now recieve these news blasts from MSNBC that I would like to have an end put to. Pain in the rear at 3 in the morning when I get a new message. I don't remember signing up for any news but I need to find a way of making it stop.
    One last thing. When I have the phone on vibrate I still get notification via it vibrating and the LED. If I have a call come in it vibrates but no way of knowing I have missed a call, no LED. Am I missing a setting?
    Last edited by fredandfred; 10-21-10 at 03:52 PM.
    10-21-10 03:03 PM
    Hmmm, 115 views and not 1 response. Quite a forum. Oh well.
    10-25-10 12:39 PM
    You know if this were placed in the proper section you might have gotten an
    answer quicker. Don't blame the site for your mistake.

I have moved it to the correct place.
    10-25-10 12:44 PM
    Also titling your post with a hint to the problem would help. Noobs tend to get neglected for reasons of posting problems they could have solved by reading either their manual or the bb help file in their blackberries. Click your Sound Profiles icon(looks like a speaker), scroll down to Set Ringtones and Alerts. Everything you need to change Notifications is in there. Welcome to CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 12:59 PM
    The voice issue is present on some Storm 1 phones, but sometimes can be fixed by installing a different OS. You did not indicate which OS you have installed, if you are using a head set, etc.

More information would be helpful.

You could also post on the Storm 2 forum and ask if any Storm 2 users have a problem being heard when talking on the phone.
    10-25-10 05:16 PM
    You know if this were placed in the proper section you might have gotten an
    answer quicker. Don't blame the site for your mistake.

I have moved it to the correct place.
    I didn't put it in the Storm forum since it might be an issue that a former Storm user had and they wouldn't be reading that forum. I am not blaming the site. Way too serious.
    Last edited by fredandfred; 10-29-10 at 08:15 AM.
    10-29-10 08:04 AM
    Also titling your post with a hint to the problem would help. Noobs tend to get neglected for reasons of posting problems they could have solved by reading either their manual or the bb help file in their blackberries. Click your Sound Profiles icon(looks like a speaker), scroll down to Set Ringtones and Alerts. Everything you need to change Notifications is in there. Welcome to CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have read the manual and the help files. My answer to stopping the messages was to reply with STOP. I couldn't put all of my issues in the title so I just listed I had some questions.
    10-29-10 08:08 AM
    The voice issue is present on some Storm 1 phones, but sometimes can be fixed by installing a different OS. You did not indicate which OS you have installed, if you are using a head set, etc.

More information would be helpful.

You could also post on the Storm 2 forum and ask if any Storm 2 users have a problem being heard when talking on the phone.
    I have the latest OS but it didn't help the sound on the send side. Hearing on my side is fine. Headset helps, speakerphone helps. I will ask in the Storm 2 forum and see what happens. Thanks.
    10-29-10 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD