Hello all,

Been a long time user of Win Mo since the old Win CE days . Thought I'd give the blackberry a go after I saw the Storm .

Have to say I am very impressed so far . For a new release of phone , yep sure it has bugs and some things need to be sorted but all in all I am very impressed. Some things I can see need addressing and no doubt will be in future ROM releases .

1) The phone has radio issues ... Its not hardware as signal can be strong but it does have trouble locking between HSDPA & 3G . You will see this sometimes when you make a call and the call is either dropped or the third party cant here you. Or if you download and the phone throws you out of HSDPA. This is a common problem and a ROM update should sort as I am sure they are well aware by now .

2) Yep its laggy ... but only it seems when shifting to and from landscape. Not an issue for me coming from Win Mobile ... If any of you have used these phones then you will know what lag really is

3) This is probably the only thing that winds me up on the device . If you lock the screen it gets confused when you answer a call especially if you tilt the screen and it slips into landscape .

Usability is great . Does pretty much what it says on the tin

One thing I found helped with my phone was to wipe it clean using JL commander and then rebuild the phone using the firmware available on the BB site . Not for the faint hearted mind or if your not used to flashing etc then this is not for you ... but I did notice a difference .

Any way I ramble .. totally converted and will be with BB now for years to come .
    11-25-08 04:12 AM
    When the went from a Windows Mobile machine to the Blackberry Storm, how did the migration of your data go? Do you just establish a sync with your current Outlook?
    11-25-08 04:32 AM
    what winmo did you come from?

i came from a Motorola Q w/ Exchange Activesync.

i installed BES and am using that and so far am impressed with blackberries quite a bit. BES so far is way better than i expected, they even do things activesync cant. like i can see what messages i marked followup complete, but oddly not flags.

plus it syncs memos! this is awesome, for some odd reason activesync doesnt.

all in all i am happier than i thought i would be, considering i actually really liked windows mobile.
    11-25-08 04:40 AM
    When the went from a Windows Mobile machine to the Blackberry Storm, how did the migration of your data go? Do you just establish a sync with your current Outlook?
    I was using Mnotes on my Touch Diamond so all I did was transfer my contacts to outlook and then used Blackberry sync to transfer calendar from lotus notes and contacts from oulook.

All pictures etc I just used windows explorer to transfer them over to my sd card . All photos and videos work fine.

I am just loving the screen on this and the touch and click is a way better idea . I have no input problems from just touching the screen etc. Shame Mnotes dont do a blackberry sync that is by far the best sync tool on the market.
    11-25-08 04:50 AM
    what winmo did you come from?

i came from a Motorola Q w/ Exchange Activesync.

i installed BES and am using that and so far am impressed with blackberries quite a bit. BES so far is way better than i expected, they even do things activesync cant. like i can see what messages i marked followup complete, but oddly not flags.

plus it syncs memos! this is awesome, for some odd reason activesync doesnt.

all in all i am happier than i thought i would be, considering i actually really liked windows mobile.
    I came from a Touch Diamond now going on Ebay I used mnotes as my company use lotes well they would they flog it . Mnotes gave me wireless sync from my destop instead of through the server. I have to pay if I want to use the company BES Yea like Im gonna do that so I am looking for an mnotes solution for blackberry .. Not found one yet though
    11-25-08 04:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD