hey guys...so im a newb to blackberry and i got the storm (obviously)

i had a few questions about this thing. I am very tech saavy but some things are bugging me.

1. Even if i put it on vibrate and it is in my pocket, it will not vibrate sometimes. Like if i get a txt i noticed it will still act as if its in loud mode. Can someone help break down how to better configure the settings? How does in/out of holster effect the settings? IF there is already a faq page...send me to it!

2. I have had two problems already and i wana know if i should send it back and have it replaced? The first day i had it i used the camera and took a pic. Every time i went into camera mode it would just show a blank screen and not function at all unless i quit camera mode. I ended up having to reset use this website to wipe it and start over. The other issue i had was it was saying sim card failed. I had to turn it off and on a few times. So far it hasnt done it again.

3. Every now and then when i open up a menu or app, and it lags for a second, a small part of the homescreen shows the lightning image that they use for the commercials. I know everyone wanted it loaded on the phone and you can get it on here...but it must be on there secretley somewhere if it displays a part of it every now and then??

thanks guys!
    01-19-09 10:50 PM
    Many of these are discussed before if you perform a search. I would suggest looking at the OS/ OS Beta Discussion section.

1) The sound profiles is a known problem with the storm. What I would recommend you to do is create a custom profile for it being silent.

2) I guessing that you haven't updated the OS yet. These problems have been fixed with the newer leaked OS especially .85.

3) Yeah, the lightning screen is hidden on the phone and can't be accessed by itself. The lagging problem can also be fixed with the latest OS and the occasional battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD