Hi Guys,

I've just got a Storm 9500 on Vodafone UK and I am struggling with a few things that all seem to be a bit of a struggle and I was wondering if someone has been here before and can help.

I have had a good look around but not seen anything at the moment to help.

1. When I use the Browser I get Vodafone live stuff come up. I don't want that - can I remove it?

2. When I go to BBC.co.uk/news I get the mobile site. I want the normal web-site but it automatically switches. can I stop that.

3. With Setup - Email setup I only get an option "to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server". I don't have one of these, I want to setup my aol account and hotmail. How can I do that.

It all seems a little too locked down at the moment, can someone give me a few pointers to free the phone up so I can use it.

Cheers.
    03-03-09 05:11 PM
    Hi, I myself am a vodafone UK user and I will try and help you the best I can..

1. Go to Options > Advanced Options > Browser and change Default browser configuration from Vodafone Live to Internet Browser. Then in Options > Advanced Options > Applications - find vodafone live and click BlackBerry button and choose delete.. requires a device restart

2. By default it will switch to the mobile site as the browser specifies.. quick fix is to open browser.. click BlackBerry Button > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser Identification - Change to Internet Explorer or Firefox other than that at the bottom of the page it says view desktop version etc.

3. I can't post links but search Vodafone BIS in Google and then create an account otherwise you can click setup icon in home screen and click email settings that way when logged in you can add personal email accounts
    03-03-09 05:45 PM
    Hello,

to set up your emails you have to log into Vodafone Bis website (google it) ,there you can add your emails ,and resend service books to your storm so emails will work properly.If it still doesn't work you will have to call 191 and VF will sort it out for you I had this problem of not being on the correct service plan

For your browser, Options>Advanced options>Browser and change Vodafone live to internet browser ,click BB button and hit save.

I found the U.K. based site berry365 to be very helpful in sorting out my teething problems with UK handsets

Good luck

TD
    03-03-09 05:51 PM
    For your browser, Options>Advanced options>Browser and change Vodafone live to internet browser ,click BB button and hit save.
    TD
    Hi Guys,

I have tried this but the drop-down combo does not let me select any other option - it is just Vodaphone Live.

And the Blackberry seems to be disabled.

Is this a new "lock" they have or something?
    03-04-09 07:27 AM
    Hi Guys,

I have tried this but the drop-down combo does not let me select any other option - it is just Vodaphone Live.

And the Blackberry seems to be disabled.

Is this a new "lock" they have or something?
    Hi - you will need to register your Storm on the Vodafone BIS website first. Once you have done this the Vodafone Server will send your Storm a "Service Book" which is basically a configuration script that will enable email, internet, blackberry maps and blackberry messenger.

To register your Storm on the BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) website you will need your pin number and imei number.

For your pin number open a new message or sms and type mypin (your pin number will automatically show)

For your IMEI type *#06# from your phone dial screen.

The Vodafone BIS website link is here

https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodauk
    Last edited by nmonger; 03-04-09 at 07:57 AM.
    03-04-09 07:48 AM
    Hi - you will need to register your Storm on the Vodafone BIS website first. Once you have done this the Vodafone Server will send your Storm a "Service Book" which is basically a configuration script that will enable email, internet, blackberry maps and blackberry messenger.
    Hi, I did the BIS website and clicked to send the Service Book after setting up an email account.

The phone has not recieved anything as yet even tho I have done this task three times!

Loosing the will at the moment. Any advice.
    03-04-09 01:42 PM
    Hi, I did the BIS website and clicked to send the Service Book after setting up an email account.

The phone has not recieved anything as yet even tho I have done this task three times!

Loosing the will at the moment. Any advice.
    it sounds to me that Vodafone have not activated your account with the BIS service. Call customer serices or go to the Vodafone UK help forum and ask the Vodafone moderators for help

Vodafone eForum -> Blackberry Storm Forum
    03-04-09 01:47 PM
    it sounds to me that Vodafone have not activated your account with the BIS service. Call customer serices or go to the Vodafone UK help forum and ask the Vodafone moderators for help
    Crikey - they don't believe in making it easy do they! Many thanks I'll give that a whirl.
    03-04-09 02:39 PM
    Thanks Guys - seem to be making progress now.

Only one minor issue left. When I go to the BBC website it auto redirects me to the mobile site.

Any idea on how I can prevent that.

Ta.
    03-05-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD