OK, please don't yell at me if this has already been posted! I was just told by a Verizon rep to expect an application update on the 22nd. When one of her colleagues said you to her "you mean a software update?", she said "No, an application update."

My questions are...Has anyone else heard of the is update on the 22nd? And Is there a difference between an application update and a software update. Please go easy on me as I am new.
    12-16-08 04:05 PM
    OK, please don't yell at me if this has already been posted! I was just told by a Verizon rep to expect an application update on the 22nd. When one of her colleagues said you to her "you mean a software update?", she said "No, an application update."

My questions are...Has anyone else heard of the is update on the 22nd? And Is there a difference between an application update and a software update. Please go easy on me as I am new.
    I hope so. I know you are new and so am I but ill be the first to say heads up, you're going to get flamed by a bunch of these people who take these forums a little TOO seriously..

Most will say, in a non-nice way, that it'll come out when it comes out; the rumor is the 16th of Jan. Hope that helps

ps. welcome!
    12-16-08 04:08 PM
    I hope so. I know you are new and so am I but ill be the first to say heads up, you're going to get flamed by a bunch of these people who take these forums a little TOO seriously..

Most will say, in a non-nice way, that it'll come out when it comes out; the rumor is the 16th of Jan. Hope that helps

ps. welcome!
    H0, H0, H0 It's coming December 24th! Santa's got it in his Sleigh!

P.S. Would you believe they they filtered out H0, H0,H0 ( had to use Zero's to say that! )
    Last edited by chasvs; 12-16-08 at 04:14 PM.
    12-16-08 04:12 PM
    Thanks for the info! However, what exactly is an app update?
    12-16-08 04:12 PM
    Are you kidding me? You're bringing this stuff up? Just kidding.... there could very well be a "application update" which only means an update to our applications/application center.

A software update is when you get flamed
    12-16-08 04:13 PM
    Are you kidding me? You're bringing this stuff up? Just kidding.... there could very well be a "application update" which only means an update to our applications/application center.

A software update is when you get flamed
    ahh very true. i didnt pay attention enough to see he said application update ;-)
    12-16-08 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD