A text at 2am woke me up this morning and when I went to look at who it was I saw the sms symbol and also this new symbol. I've had this phone since January and never saw this.

It's the 3 next to the angled/downward pointing arrow..

Anyone know what it is?

I just recently started signing on to AIM and leaving it on, could it be new AIM messages? But the phone went through a quickpull reset since I saw the symbol at 2am, which caused AIM to not be logged on when it restarted. I re-signed on but didnt see any open conversations, so I got no clue.
    08-04-09 08:31 AM
    Looks like an App World Symbol. Open up App World and tell me if there is a new app to download.

I'm not sure how to check it myself. I have searched for an options menu in App World but I can't find one. Not sure how you got this notification but I'm sure it will get quite annoying if this happens Ev erytime a new app is submitted.
    08-04-09 08:33 AM
    Yeah its for app world. Means some of your apps have updates to them. Look in your messages folder and it will tell you what has the update.
    08-04-09 08:37 AM
    This has already been asked on this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/wie...-storm-285809/
    08-04-09 08:38 AM
    Ahh I just went in to app world and saw 3 of my apps had been updated. Thanks Rosco. But whats weird is that my messages folder had nothing new in it! That was the first thing I checked.

Oh well. Ill update my apps and see if it goes away.

Thanks guys
    08-04-09 08:39 AM
    Your page is "not found" dallas, so apparently it wasnt! hah
    08-04-09 08:39 AM
    if you go into blackberry app world and go to your my downloads, or the folder that holds all your downloads, it'll tell you which ones need the update...just select them and go through the updates...i did this yesterday but when i upgraded it the symbol didn't go away...so i had to pull the battery
    08-04-09 08:40 AM
    i had to delete the messages in the messages folder to get the icon to go away.
    08-04-09 09:14 AM
    i had to delete the messages in the messages folder to get the icon to go away.
    Yep, youre right. I just did that and it went away instantly.

I used QL to open my messages folder but QL opens my email, so I didnt see the messages at first. Could have saved me this whole thread!
    08-04-09 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD