Are the new Storms people are buying better? I am hoping that RIM was able to get the manufacturing process improved by now. How are the screens?
    04-04-09 03:18 PM
    i had to get mine replaced and was scared because before the screen crapped out i thought my storm worked great. but when i got a new one i wondered how i dealt with the old screen so long. so i def think the new ones are better. plus my father just bought one not too long ago and his is even better than mines
    04-04-09 03:23 PM
    The new ones don't have the Dust issue under the screens anymore
    04-04-09 03:24 PM
    Yes they have tightened up the QC and better storms are now being produced and refurbed.
    04-04-09 03:31 PM
    Better phones. Happier people.
    04-04-09 03:32 PM
    My first was pretty good... bought it in January, it was made in November. I got a replacement because the send and end buttons got loose, and my new one that I got this past week is great. Brand new from Verizon. Not sure when it was made because I didn't think to check the box when they were swapping it out (they kept the box to put my old one in) but this one is perfect so far. First was made in Mexico, and this one was actually made in Hungary.
    04-04-09 03:38 PM
    My friend got her Storm a few days after its launch. Her screen is pretty stiff to press at the top of the phone (vertical).

I got my Storm at the end of February and its screen is smooth and uniform to press everywhere.
    04-04-09 03:38 PM
    They seem to started having better quality around December. I think the phones sold at release back in Nov had the most problems. Mine was built 12/24 and it has not had any issues. I had 3 prior that I exchanged due to various issues.
    04-04-09 03:40 PM
    Mine's purchased mid-March, Mexico-made. Seems tight as a drum, no complaints.
    04-04-09 03:52 PM
    i hope the refurbs are good now. I just had to order a refurb. i've had this one since launch day, and it's been fine, but just recently one corner of the screen doesnt click well anymore. I was hoping i could walk into the store and walk out with a brand new one, but they wouldnt let me, so i had to call and get a refurb.

04-04-09 04:18 PM
    i hope the refurbs are good now. I just had to order a refurb. i've had this one since launch day, and it's been fine, but just recently one corner of the screen doesnt click well anymore. I was hoping i could walk into the store and walk out with a brand new one, but they wouldnt let me, so i had to call and get a refurb.

That sucks! They let me do it in store and gave me a new one.
    04-04-09 04:20 PM
    Do the screens on later built Storms still wobble/move around a little? Mine was bulit in Jan, screen moves a little but click is fine. No dust under screen either.
    04-04-09 05:21 PM
    I get a new refurb phone, maybe every 30 days haha.

Each time they get better and better.
    04-04-09 06:38 PM
    I just got a replacement for one I got in January. This is a brand new one and seems to be the same as the first one I got.
    04-04-09 06:52 PM
    Anyone able to do this? Can you visually see the difference?
    04-04-09 06:57 PM
    Are the new Storms people are buying better? I am hoping that RIM was able to get the manufacturing process improved by now. How are the screens?
    yes, the new Storms are better than the old iPhones

kidding...I have one of the first Storms, and it's from Mexico...never had any trouble. I think it depends on the phone and the user as much as where/when it came from
    04-04-09 07:01 PM
    Well the new ones are much better.
    First I had the forst on. With an terrible tpuchscrenn no klick in the corners etc.
    Then I gave it to vidafone(because I got app error 523. My computer crashed meanwhile the updte xD)
    And now the touchscreen is perfect
    And yes it moves a lil bit but just if you do it yourself

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 10:21 PM
    My refurb phone is way better than the one I got in Feb.
    04-04-09 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD