I cracked my screen a few months ago. the phone worked fine so i never got a new phone till now. I just got a replacement under insurance. My old phone had good clicking and the white in the screen is actually white and 2x brighter then the new phone.

Then new phone has a blue tint to it and very dim. the new phone doesn't click as well either.

The old phone was made in mexico and the new one is made in hungry.

I guess my question is should the screens be significantly different in quality. i compared with my friends phone and he has a dull blueish tint screen also. I really like the mexico screen. Could this be a defective screen? It was a brand new phone from insurance not a refurbished (it came in verizion box with everything).

anyone got any ideas?
    09-29-09 06:38 PM
    Possible dumb question but did you remove BOTH screen protectors? It's my understanding there are two on the phone. One is blue tinted and the other clear. Sorry for the question if you have.
    09-29-09 07:11 PM
    idk, but you can call asurion and tell 'em that the screen has a funky tint if you're unhappy...you have a 30 day limited warranty through asurion before your standard warranty with VZW kicks back in...and you get a refurb. within 30 days you get whatever you just got, so you should get another new one...
    09-29-09 07:22 PM
    I would normally say that you should just get a new one right away, but since you have one manufactured in hungary I suggest holding on to it. That particular model has one solid button for talk,bb,back and end instead of three (talk, bb/back, end) It is also built better IMO, alot of others agree, I suggest you loosen the 2 screws in the back of the phone and adjust till the click is comfortable to you. I got a hungary device last month and it messed up right away on the screen, I took the whole device apart when I got my next one in the mail and switched the screens because I wanted the hungary model lol, BTW, DON'T DO THAT LAST PART UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, lol
    09-29-09 07:36 PM
    well. the sceen is so dull on he new one. i have the old one set to 10. and the new one set to 100 and the old one is still better. and i do not see a blue cover on it. unless it is exactly the same size as the scren and perfictly applied i don't think this is more then one screen protector. GRRR what a pain in the ***. I don't know what to do.
    09-29-09 07:41 PM
    yeah my screen is the same way, just really dull, not very bright...

the LCD light source is either dirty or burnt out...i'm biding my time on replacing this once due to how well it's been so far...
    09-29-09 07:49 PM
    i guess im lucky i got a real bright screen
    09-29-09 07:52 PM
    yeah my screen is the same way, just really dull, not very bright...

the LCD light source is either dirty or burnt out...i'm biding my time on replacing this once due to how well it's been so far...
    I'd hold off anyway, as long as your year warranty is still good when S2 comes out you might be able to bargain with verizon as long as you've replaced your phone at least 5 times.
    09-29-09 07:53 PM
    you kinda gotta weigh your options here because my new storm, along with many other peoples, the screen flickers when you go outside.

This never happened on my poorly lit first storm...

so idk its up to you but im just sayin....
    09-29-09 07:56 PM
    I'd hold off anyway, as long as your year warranty is still good when S2 comes out you might be able to bargain with verizon as long as you've replaced your phone at least 5 times.
    i've already been through 5...so if i get a few more after the S2 comes out, i think i can make the magic happen
    09-29-09 08:03 PM
    i've already been through 5...so if i get a few more after the S2 comes out, i think i can make the magic happen
    That's what I'm hoping for as well, I'm on number 6
    09-29-09 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD