I previously had a blackberry device that if you pressed the top left button it would brighten screen, tap it again and it would turn off the screen. I really liked this feature, is there a button / way to do this on my storm?

In addition, when i leave the phone the display dims after a while, but it slowly dims until it is dark, anyway to change it so that it just goes from on to off, instead of the slow decrease in backlight?

I am having some issues with moving my cursor to a spot within text, i watched the how to video on the phone, but no luck. also not sure how to select multiple items, does not seem to work either. any ideas?

also, the background image on the storm that they use in the commericals, i dont seem to have that available to choose for my background - is that normal?

How can i check what is on the 8gb media card? I haven't figured out how to view it.
    thanks.
    12-29-08 06:13 PM
    1 - don't know other than options screen/keyboard backlight brightness select a higher or lower level.

2 - options screen/keyboard Automatically Dim Backlight OFF

3 - touch screen to get blue cursor, not press, lift finger and touch again (not press) and it should go clear box. With clear box slide it around while finger is on screen.

4 - right but there are some similar backgrounds on this site. search for WALLPAPER or use this one: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/wal...ml#post1197223

5 - media, BB button, EXPLORE - pick the Device Memory or the Media CARD 8 or 16gb card, whatevery you have in it.
    12-30-08 03:13 AM
    There is no way to turn off the Storms backlight, because the light is required.. the iPhones and iPod touches do not allow you to turn off the backlight, at least with my experience with them.. if the screen was dark, it would be impossible to read anything. and perhaps the energy flowing through to light the screen is partially what makes it a touch-screen. with disturbing the energy flow and all..
    12-30-08 03:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD