I am new to the world of smartphones and Blackberry's. I got my first one yesterday. A Storm from Verizon. I have not even used it yet! lol. I am waiting until today so I can buy a case and screen protector for it first. Anyway, I hope to be posting here a lot!!
    04-09-09 08:28 AM
    Yo, welcome!
    04-09-09 08:31 AM
    welcome. you are aware that the new storm2 with wifi is coming out this fall or early 2010, right?
    04-09-09 08:33 AM
    Welcome to CB!

To help get you started, check out the Blackberry 101 series, and here's a thread that is geared towards new Storm owners specifically, by a guy who knows what he's talking about: PK's Tips, Tricks, and Help Thread
    04-09-09 08:33 AM
    Hey congrats on getting the Storm, you def made the right decision by getting a Blackberry, and even a better decision logging on to Crackberry. Any questions you have can usually be answered on this site. Well anyways once again welcome! Yeah def check out PK's thread.
    Last edited by thearmybouncer; 04-09-09 at 08:40 AM.
    04-09-09 08:34 AM
    Hello. Welcome to a great community.
    04-09-09 08:40 AM
    welcome. you are aware that the new storm2 with wifi is coming out this fall or early 2010, right?
    I don't think I'd use WiFi all that much. One of the reasons I went with Verizon is because of the fast network. I was with T-Mobile and they sucked.
    04-09-09 08:42 AM
    welcome aboard. there are many people on here who can help you in many ways.
    04-09-09 08:47 AM
    Welcome, this will be your new addiction. I've only have my storm for three weeks and I'm glued to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 08:47 AM
    And gas prices are $2 a gallon today but they might be $4 in 2010. What does that have to do with owning a Storm?

Welcome to Storm ownership!
    04-09-09 08:54 AM
    Ahh, thanks guys. I feel the love. Any recs on cases/screen protectors to get? I am gonna check out Best Buy and the Verizon store today to see what they have.
    04-09-09 08:59 AM
    talk about being a buzzkill!

Welcome to the forum. Heads up if you have any questions. I would always try to search in the storm forums before posting any questions concerning your phone (b/c I am sure you will have some). It will just save you from some grief and aggravation of getting flamed. Enjoy the storm.
    04-09-09 09:00 AM
    Ahh, thanks guys. I feel the love. Any recs on cases/screen protectors to get? I am gonna check out Best Buy and the Verizon store today to see what they have.
    Your prolly going to pay to much going to Best Buy I would suggest getting things here on Crackberry or at Amazon, at least then you can read what other people thought of the product before you buy it.
    04-09-09 09:04 AM
    Welcome,
    I used to use screen protectors but found them a waste of money.
    I haven't used one in over 2 months and the screen still looks great, and feels much smoother without.
    04-09-09 09:06 AM
    It matters what you want for a case or protector. There are so many variations (sleeves, full covers, full covers with a flap, rubber cases, platics, sleeper magnet) you name it and i'm sure someone can find a case for you. I would avoid going to the store to get a case. Check the crackberry store, they have a better selection of cases. The 3 cases you will get a lot of feedback on are...
    1. seido innocase I&II, i prefer II
    2. Otter box (provides the most protection for the phone, its a case and screen protector but a bit large.)
    3. Vaja cases (look very sleak and are hand made, but will cost alittle more about $90 I believe, but you can search the forum for some discount codes which will drop the price a bit.)

do a search on the forum for each of these for a better description and review.

Edit: I should probably add that I have never used a case and haven't had any issues with scratching or denting. I do have the factory screen cover on still, but will probably be taking it off b/c it looks horrible right now. The factory screen protectors get alot of a scratches on them. On my first storm (this is my 3rd) I never used a screen protector and never had any issues with it.
    Last edited by Rch1214; 04-09-09 at 09:09 AM.
    04-09-09 09:07 AM
    Check out the innocase I or II on the SEIdio website. I have the II with the holster. Good combo. I just use the verizon screen protector. They are decent and last. If you don't want a skin on it get the seidio holster for no cased storm.

04-09-09 09:08 AM
    I don't like cases so I have the Full Invisi-shield by Zagg.
    04-09-09 09:09 AM
    Welcome, this will be your new addiction. I've only have my storm for three weeks and I'm glued to it.

You can say that again!! lol

Welcome!!
    04-09-09 09:11 AM
    Welcome dont forget to update if u have .75 i did and storm runs better.
    04-09-09 09:17 AM
    I am new to the world of smartphones and Blackberry's. I got my first one yesterday. A Storm from Verizon. I have not even used it yet! lol. I am waiting until today so I can buy a case and screen protector for it first. Anyway, I hope to be posting here a lot!!
    welcome. become prepared to slack at work, ruin your marriage, and have the shakes when your battery dies.

Oh, and being realistic, you'll love these forums....read on, young grasshopper.
    04-09-09 09:57 AM
    Welcome to CB

04-09-09 10:01 AM
    Welcome to the CrackBerry world. Make sure you check out the:
    Tips Section
    Storm Themes Section
    Social section (for messenger friends)

Those are three great sections to get you started.
    04-09-09 10:09 AM
    Nekkid! Stark azz, **** nekkid!

well a screen protector wouldn't hurt but other than that, "Roll out with your poll out"
    04-09-09 10:20 AM
    Welcome to the madness.... =)
    04-09-09 10:30 AM
    dang Im new to the blackberry thing too it seems everyone is so helpful
    04-09-09 10:45 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD