i got my storm yesterday afternoon and i set my ringtone profiles to custom but my problem is my sms and email alerts are not alerting me,only the led light goes off...my holster does not have a sleeper magnet so that cant be the problem,because of this i have missed 25 sms messages..if it matters at all my storm came running OS .74 and was made in canada
    12-30-08 12:24 PM
    Try this (if you haven't already)

Hit the "sound" key at the top left of the menu screen, it should open the sounds section. Scroll down to "Set Ring Tones/Alerts", then select each of the functions and ring tones that you want - but remember to SAVE each time by hitting the menu button and select save. That's what works for me!
    12-30-08 12:35 PM
    Try this (if you haven't already)

Hit the "sound" key at the top left of the menu screen, it should open the sounds section. Scroll down to "Set Ring Tones/Alerts", then select each of the functions and ring tones that you want - but remember to SAVE each time by hitting the menu button and select save. That's what works for me!
    That worked for me too...
    12-30-08 12:50 PM
    i did save all my selections..i did go into set ringtones/alerts first than went into custom and did that also but it seems that nothing is working...i was wondering does the storm go into sleep mode and i dont know about it? im sorry if this is a dumb question im very new to this phone
    12-30-08 01:08 PM
    Don't worry, it may not be you. I'm getting the same problems with my wallpaper - I had them all set, and then they just stopped working.
    12-30-08 01:21 PM
    Are the alerts set to "active profile"?
    12-30-08 01:30 PM
    right now its set to the custom profile i made but before that it was set to normal profile...
    12-30-08 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD