Hello All,

My wife talked me into getting a Storm for Christmas, so I'll be joining the Blackberry world in a few days.. I didn't really want one, but I'm inching closer to becoming a Phd Engineer, and she said that I need to look the part.... I guess I could get those old black glassed..., they have sort of come back in style.

Anyway, I have not even had a cell phone for years, so I'm more or less going from the stone ages to modern society over night with that phone.

I'm not a big cell user, but I do use the internet and email allot.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it.... I do like to watch my Rush DVDs once in a while, and I'd like to get them on the Storm.

I think the GPS is cool, and I'd like to able to exploit that capability without spending 10$ a month if possible.

So, any suggestions on how to get the most out of my new gadget is appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry
    12-14-08 09:52 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

For the GPS, definitely look into Garmin Mobile for Blackberry. I have only used the trial version of it but it is amazing. You can purchase it for $80 here. Handango has a 3 day trial version.

There are several threads with tutorials on putting movies on your Storm this one is probably the best/easiest. You can search to find a lot more.
    12-14-08 10:03 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

For the GPS, definitely look into Garmin Mobile for Blackberry. I have only used the trial version of it but it is amazing. You can purchase it for $80 here. Handango has a 3 day trial version.

There are several threads with tutorials on putting movies on your Storm this one is probably the best/easiest. You can search to find a lot more.
    Very true VTHokie...DVDFab 5 is pretty darn good!!!
    12-14-08 10:11 AM
    Welcome...I'm in the same boat.

Had a cell phone, but rarely used it...since it was upgrade time and the hype with the storm, thought I would try out MY FIRST SMARTPHONE.

Company is reimbursing me for my storm (and plan) so I figure I really couldn't go (too) wrong...

I've had it for 2 days now and must say that I really like it...the typing isn't as bad as I had thought it would be and I'm optimistic that it will only get better with future updates...(oh btw, I did upgrade to os.75)

I've only posted a few time, but this really seems like the place to get your bb answers....

Good Luck
    12-14-08 10:13 AM
    12-14-08 10:40 AM

Anyway, I have not even had a cell phone for years, so I'm more or less going from the stone ages to modern society over night with that phone.
    wow... yes truly will be cans/strings to one of the most technologically advance phones out today. I know people who have had flip phones for years and are very intimidated by berry's. I find berry's to be easier to use than any windows mobile device.
    12-14-08 11:16 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry. I just ordered my Storm and should have it by Thursday. Any questions you may have just ask and someone will help you out.
    12-14-08 11:23 AM
    wow... yes truly will be cans/strings to one of the most technologically advance phones out today. I know people who have had flip phones for years and are very intimidated by berry's. I find berry's to be easier to use than any windows mobile device.
    yeah i was the same way about the phone.
    its wierd cause i cant remember why i turned my nose up at it.
    i love the fact that even though i had to pay more for the data plan i lowered my minutes. and saved a couple bucks in the process.
    12-14-08 11:24 AM
    If you're a PhD engineer you'll find tools like GCalc! handy.
    Totally cool!

Terry
    12-14-08 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD