I lost all my 3rd party apps, photos, videos, and ringtones. Is this normal?

As well, I no longer have a browser icon on my menu.

Suggestions/fixes? Thanks.
    02-26-09 07:56 PM
    Plug it back in do a restore. Your apps may be in the Downloads folder. Media doesn't show up of the phone is still plugged into the computer...is it? Just try a restore first
    02-26-09 11:26 PM
    3rd party apps are not part of the back up process. If you did not follow the thread on backing up 3rd party apps, you'll have to reinstall them.

Phones/videos/ringtones are all on the device memory, unless you put them on the media card. If they were on the onboard memory and you set DM to back it up, you should've been ok, but if you put them on the media card, and did not trade media cards, then you lost your photos with the media cards.
    02-26-09 11:28 PM
    I had to restore my storm today, and after using the application back up thing, and restoring it from desktop manager, i have everything back to normal except my browser, and application center are gone, and i could not find them in any folder. any advice on what to do to get my browser back?
    02-28-09 07:19 PM
    posted all over the place :P

if anything's missing or not there two things:
    options > advanced > host routing table > bb menu > register now

Resend service books via Email Setup.
    02-28-09 08:40 PM
    i just did a battery pull and the browser was nice enough to join me again.
    02-28-09 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD