Hi guys,

Well I am on a trial period with a Storm. I really want to love this phone so much. I was excited to get the phone last week, knowing all the current issues that are out there with it.

When I first charged up the phone after bringing it home. I unplugged it, and it was locked in the charging screen with the clock... I couldn't get anywhere else. Ok, .. so I removed and replaced the battery.. ok no prob. Everything works great for a few days. After awhile, it starts to get REAL sluggish (worse then when I got it).. that "please Wait" thinking clock icon continuously appears whenever I am flipping through screens and such. It happens almost every my phone goes from "sleep mode" (screen black). Sometimes it takes almost 15 seconds for my phone to finally kick in to gear.

Today, I finally figured out that this is the cause as to why I open the phone up and see that I have missed calls. My phone, while in that sleep mode, wont respond to calls at all, but when I get into the phone, it shows that I have missed a call. Since I use this phone for work, this is completely unacceptable.

With all that said, I have heard that upgrading the os is an option that might alleviate these issues. Again, I complete want to love this phone... just a few speed bumps keep popping up that is hindering me from loving it.

right now, my phone is using version .148. what would be the next version that you would suggest I try? and with that, where would I go to get it to download onto my computer. I have all of the device manager programs installed.

I appreciate any help that you all can provide!

-Thanks
    08-13-09 06:46 PM
    148 is latest official verizon verison. Anything else would be a leak. Find them in the OS forum.

Sluggishness sounds like it could be a memory issue. are you using quickpull for scheduled resets.

clock...what is your clock set for? when plugged in do what?
    08-13-09 07:07 PM
    oh...missed calls...what setting do you have it on for in holester?
    08-13-09 07:08 PM
    Check my sig if you feel like updating your OS. It's quite stable on my end. And application memory stays above 40MB majority of the time. Give it a shot if you really want to. Good luck.
    08-13-09 11:28 PM
    .148 is an official VZW release but it has a huge memory leak. .151, an unofficial os, leak is much better. if you really wanna get fancy you can try 5.0
    08-14-09 02:35 AM
    .148 is an official VZW release but it has a huge memory leak. .151, an unofficial os, leak is much better. if you really wanna get fancy you can try 5.0
    Agree with you. 5.0 is the best for me as well. NO memory leak.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 06:47 AM
    Look, call vzw and tell them your phone is manufactured defect. It happens. Took me till my 3rd (current) insurance replacement. I dunno if it makes a dif but my previous ones were made in mexico, this one is from hungary.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 08:03 AM
    Thank you all for your responses. I ended up upgrading my OS to .151 from Lyricidal's site and it has totally restored my hopes and dreams for this phone. Wow.. what a difference.. like night and day here.

Everything is working great as of right now.

-Thanks guys
    08-14-09 09:02 AM
    Actually, 151 is an official release, just not from Verizon. Did you install the official 151 or the hybrid 151?
    08-14-09 09:21 AM
    Yes, and how is MMS/Streaming (Slacker/Pandora/YouTube)?
    08-14-09 10:09 AM
    Ohh hhmm.. I believe it was the hybrid .151 (From 74d82d32.linkbucks.com/) Sorry can't post links yet so had to take off the https//. I just went to his website and followed directions on installing the .151 by downloading/installing to my pc and running the Launch file. When I did that, my phone was instantly being updated...

After it was done, my phone was running 1000% better.

Pandora is working just fine so far...

Sorry I am sort of a newb at all of this. Kinda overwhelmed with all of the information flowing through this site.

I do appreciate all of your help though.

-thanks
    Last edited by jbrels76; 08-14-09 at 12:52 PM.
    08-14-09 12:43 PM
    try quic pull incase you get memory leak still and also remember some themes are awful for .151 os they leak like crazy...

and try to ahve only about 8 icons on your home screen so your phone is a lil quicker.
    08-14-09 01:24 PM
    but as i found this site i really learned to love my storm! i was going to trade it for a tour but im so glad a friend gave me this site. i was a skeptic at first, and never liked forums b4, now im an addict! just stick around and you'll really love it!
    08-14-09 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD