I have had the Storm for the past two days and I've been loving it. I just have a few questions.

#1 are you able to upload custom ringtones to your phone?

#2 If you are able to, where do I place them and how do I go about changing it for the phone?

#3 Is there a way to add new words to the T9? There are a few words that I've tried to enter and it doesn't have it as an option and was wondering how do I go about adding it.

That is all for now, thanks!
    01-01-09 02:32 PM
    1 , yes all you have to do is put music on your phone from your computer, then you can set any song as a ring tone.

2. just open desktop manager or drag and drop from computer to berry then you just touch the song you want , hit menu then set as ringtone

3.yes go to options and custom dictionary
    01-01-09 02:37 PM
    yep what he/she said
    01-01-09 03:11 PM
    1 , yes all you have to do is put music on your phone from your computer, then you can set any song as a ring tone.

2. just open desktop manager or drag and drop from computer to berry then you just touch the song you want , hit menu then set as ringtone

3.yes go to options and custom dictionary

That sounds right to me.
    01-01-09 03:19 PM
    That only sets the main ringtone for the device depending on how you perform the action (If done from music or ringtones it will only set it as the main tone but if done from the contact alerts it will be set for that individual). To simplify things there are two folders located on each drive called ringtones and music, place all your ringtones in the ringtones folder on the device (blackberry1). This will reduce the time it takes the device to load the ringtone when you get a call. Now if you want to set the ringtone to a specific person, go to sounds>Set contact Alerts>Add contact Alert. Now pick what you want to the tone for (phone or messages). If you put the tones in the ringtone folder they will be available in the drop down list, if you want to use a song from the music folder you click browse,, click the music folder then the song from the drop list. It may sound like the same thing sooks says but like I said depending on how you did it, you get different results.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD