Hello, Got the storm about a month ago from verizon. It is my first blackberry and I LOVE IT!

Questions/things i've noticed.

1. When in a phonecall my speakerphone turns on randomly. I believe I read this is bug being fixed in the new release correct?

2. When I do the auto on/auto off. Everytime my radio is turned off. I used to have it do that in the middle of the night but when I woke up I noticed it was off. I can't have that as my job is critical and I can not miss phone calls so I had to quit using that feature. IS this going to be fixed in the next patch?

3. IS the auto on/auto off hard boot the same as pulling the battery as far as it clearing everything?

4. What is the best stock ticker application.

5. When taking videos the camera/phone freezes after 20-30 seconds and requires a battery pull. Should I just take the phone back and get a new one?

Glad to be here, and yes, i'm addicted.

Matt
    Last edited by notoriouskeef; 01-21-09 at 03:20 AM.
    01-21-09 03:17 AM
    Yeah, from what your experiencing, Just call 611 up, get to tech support.. tell them your probs, and they should send out a brand new one
    01-21-09 03:22 AM
    1. When in a phonecall my speakerphone turns on randomly. I believe I read this is bug being fixed in the new release correct?

Your hitting the speakerphone button with your cheek while holding the phone to your face more than likely. Try downloading talklock or just switching over to the keypad when your in a call.
    01-21-09 05:43 AM
    Your hitting the speakerphone button with your cheek while holding the phone to your face more than likely. Try downloading talklock or just switching over to the keypad when your in a call.

It's definately a bug of some sort. when it starts to happen I take the phone away from my face and make sure i'm not touching anything, it gets staticy and switches back and forth between speaker and phone very quickly. I have to end the call and call the person back to continue talking lol.

Matt
    01-21-09 05:55 AM
    I would return it...your storm has problems.
    01-21-09 05:56 AM
    NO...Don't return your Storm. Just get to know how to use it.

1. The speaker phone is a broblem with about half the Storms our there. It does it to mine but it is only sometimes and it only lasts for about a 10th of a second. New Storm will not help. May only happen again.

2. Turn off auto on/off and just use your bedside mode in the clock feature Read about it orplay with it.
    3. Doing a battery pull every now and then will reboot the system. On/off will not. If your phone freezes or you see your memory app down below 10mb do a battery pull.
    4. Stock ticker- just depends on if you want to pay for one or not. If you need a stock ticker for investing, buy an application that has up to date scrolling. If it is for fun just get a free one from a new site.
    5. Check your settings on your video camera. Maybe change where your videos are saving. I save mine to the memory card and have no problems.

You have to play around with your Storm to get to know it. If you are a little tech savey and know about leaked downloads you should try one. I went from Verizons .75 to.75 and then to the leaked .85 and then .86. I love .86 and I think my phone is 10 times faster and performs 10 times better than the verizon release.
    If you don't give a crap and don't care about learning about your computer in your hand....take it back get a new one. You will still be at square 1 though.
    01-21-09 06:42 AM
    01-21-09 10:47 AM
    Hello, Got the storm about a month ago from verizon. It is my first blackberry and I LOVE IT!

Questions/things i've noticed.

2. When I do the auto on/auto off. Everytime my radio is turned off. I used to have it do that in the middle of the night but when I woke up I noticed it was off. I can't have that as my job is critical and I can not miss phone calls so I had to quit using that feature. IS this going to be fixed in the next patch?

3. IS the auto on/auto off hard boot the same as pulling the battery as far as it clearing everything?

4. What is the best stock ticker application.

5. When taking videos the camera/phone freezes after 20-30 seconds and requires a battery pull. Should I just take the phone back and get a new one?

Glad to be here, and yes, i'm addicted.

Matt

What version OS do you have installed? There are newer OS's out there that fix alot of your problems.
    01-25-09 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD