I recently replaced my lcd screen on my storm 9530 and it wont work. when i start the phone up, i get a Uncaught Exception: java.lang.nullpointer... error that i cant close out because the screen wont work. Any suggestions as to what i can do to fix this problem?
    01-18-10 08:31 PM
    Is the ribbon cable attached to the glass intact?
    01-19-10 09:09 AM
    Did you make sure you installed the correct LCD? There are two different versions and they are not interchangeable.
    01-19-10 12:58 PM
    The ribbon cable is attached to the glass and I made sure I got the same LCD screen as the original. I still can't figure out whats wrong. It turns on and charges and notices when im touching the screen but when I click, it wont recognize it, and all the buttons show no sign of working..
    01-19-10 01:29 PM
    I get that same error sometimes when I try to open the flixster app
    01-19-10 01:46 PM
    The ribbon cable is attached to the glass and I made sure I got the same LCD screen as the original. I still can't figure out whats wrong. It turns on and charges and notices when im touching the screen but when I click, it wont recognize it, and all the buttons show no sign of working..
    Is it possible when you were changing out the screen, you somehow damaged THE BUTTON on the motherboard? I would think if the digitizer is recognizing your touch, it would be the button itself that would register the click.

I would suggest wiping the phone w/ BBSAK, JL_Cmdr, or equivalent and reloading the OS, just in case its a software issue.
    01-19-10 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD