This just started today. I've missed several calls because my phone does NOT RING! I've double and triple checked each and every profile and setting within and even done three battery pulls. Nothing works.

My tones and settings all work when setting them ("Try It" button), but the phone doesn't actually ring when a call comes in. I used my son's phone to call mine several times to check things out too. When my call screen comes up, the LED light flashes, no vibrate (it's set to vibrate 2 times before ringing) and no ringtone. The center, bottom button on the screen says "Ringer Off" and has a picture of the speaker with a line through it. I can try to click that button, but nothing happens.

Also, my ringtone are stored on my Storm and not on a memory card so it's not a card issue.

My speaker phone isn't on, etc. I'm completely stymied as to why this started happening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    01-09-09 04:25 PM
    Suppose you know to try a batt pull and that this happens when the storm is plugged into the computer, yes?

What OS are you running? Is your sound profile set to silent or off?
    01-09-09 04:32 PM
    Did a correct Batt pull (two actually), running .85 and my sound profile is currently set to a custom one, but it doesn't ring on ANY profile. No profile is set to silent or off (except the ones that are that by default ).
    01-09-09 04:36 PM

Also, my ringtone are stored on my Storm and not on a memory card so it's not a card issue.
    Is this a custom tone? Have you tried to pick a different one?
    01-09-09 04:36 PM
    Sounds like your connected to a power source and the phone is in bed side mode (which turns off all notification except for phone calls, which shows what you described, but with no ringtone).

IF this is it turn it off by going to Clock (from the menu) -> BB button -> Options -> when charging -> Do Nothing.
    01-09-09 04:39 PM
    "Is this a custom tone? Have you tried to pick a different one?" I've tried both stock ringtones, custom ones, notifiers, etc. Nothing is working.

"Sounds like your connected to a power source and the phone is in bed side mode (which turns off all notification except for phone calls, which shows what you described, but with no ringtone)."

Not the case either. The phone was sitting next to me on a table at a restaurant for the first missed call and in my hand during testing. Only using battery power and not plugged into anything else.
    01-09-09 05:06 PM
    Sounds-> Set Ring tones/Alerts->Phone, Turn Sound in Holster Off if On, or On if Off. Save then do a batt pull for a minute and test.
    01-09-09 05:12 PM
    I have had this issue before. Turned out that the volume button on the side controlled the volume of the ring. Try that out and let us know if that worked.
    01-09-09 05:37 PM
    So far, nothing's worked! I even did a complete java wipe and reinstalled the OS. Still nothing! This is so freakin' frustrating. I finally had this phone tweeked just the way I wanted and .85 had finally stabilized; and now this.
    01-09-09 07:08 PM
    I had the same exact problem with my phone. I did eventually fix it. I tried everything. I called verizon and they were of no help.Only one thing worked. I did a memory wipe. Options--->Security options--->gen settings--->then hit BB button --> wipe handheld. Once it was cleaned the phone rang again. Do not use a back-up copy as it will not work. I even tried using an old back-up and it did not work.
    01-09-09 07:57 PM
    So far, nothing's worked! I even did a complete java wipe and reinstalled the OS. Still nothing! This is so freakin' frustrating. I finally had this phone tweeked just the way I wanted and .85 had finally stabilized; and now this.
    It's a bug I just went through this same thing yesterday and I'm running .75. I did a battery pull and it fixed the problem. This I believe is related to the auto off/on B.S.
    01-09-09 07:59 PM
    Complete phone wipes, soft resets, battery pulls, reloading different OS (.85 twice today and then .75) and NOTHING has fixed this issue. This is driving me nuts! This is my 3rd Storm (sent for a replacement and they sent me a refurb instead of a new one, and then a new one.) and it's been the best one. All was fine until today.
    01-09-09 09:30 PM
    Yesterday, I contacted Verizon for the second time. I detailed the problem once again and indicated that others had had the same thing happen to their Blackberry Storms. I mentioned that people had posted to the Blackberry, Crackberry and Vodafone forums. At first, the representative did not wish to escalate the matter to Blackberry. "What do you want them to do?" Once he realized that that type of response would not be successful, he agreed to give it a case number and escalate it. Bottom line: the user must be insistent; the last thing that Verizon wants is to get RIM involved. A short while later, a Technical Analyst from the Wireless Network Support Team (Verizon) called. He agreed that the matter should go to Blackberry. He felt that since the Ringer Off button displays without any user input it is an issue with the software. I agreed and provided him with links to the three forums. He called me two hours later and said that he had contacted RIM. RIM is aware of the issue and they are working on correcting the matter. I will do a follow-up in a week or two. The bottom line is that the user must insist that the matter be kicked up to Blackberry until Verizon accedes.
    02-14-09 05:02 AM
    So, this is a PROBLEM, unlike what Verizon told me. I was told to hard boot my phone...second phone in a month and hard booted 2 times. i did not insist it go to BB but tried. They were so puzzled but didn't mention this was a problem for many. It was my birthday yesterday and missed all my calls. Kept seeing the missed calls and went nuts. Checked all settings as well and nothing. HELP???
    02-28-09 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD