Hey all,

been lurking these forums since before the storm came out...and I must say I LOVE IT...picked up the phone yesterday and upgraded my OS w/out even playing w/ it to .109. So far so good...but I do have some questions.

1. for those of you that came from a phone that had a keyboard, what settings do you have for the touchscreen. Currently i have (Tap Interval: 100, Hover Period: 1000, and Swipe: 6)

2. is it me or does the phone take a while to lock when you press the lock button on .109

3. in the sound profiles is there a way to set the number of beeps and vibrations for lets say a sms message or pin message. (i am able to set it w/ my 8830, just not sure if they disabled that feature on the storm)

as for now thats about it...IM LOVIN THIS PHONE
    02-25-09 10:42 AM
    while for question #3 go to sounds and select set ringtones/alerts and you should find what you are looking for..im still using .75 never messed around with them leaks os...
    02-25-09 12:16 PM
    while for question #3 go to sounds and select set ringtones/alerts and you should find what you are looking for..im still using .75 never messed around with them leaks os...
    sadly...i dont see the option to change how many times it will ring or vibrate
    02-25-09 12:49 PM
    I never tried the leaked os myself... The lock feature does take some time to lock but you get use it..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 01:22 PM
    sadly...i dont see the option to change how many times it will ring or vibrate
    Profiles...set ringtones/alerts...click the one you want to change...scroll down to vinration and click custom...you can select how many pulses and for how long each will last.

The higher the hover number, the longer you have to hover to get the box cursor to appear...I run mine a lot lower.
    02-25-09 01:54 PM
    Hey all,

been lurking these forums since before the storm came out...and I must say I LOVE IT...picked up the phone yesterday and upgraded my OS w/out even playing w/ it to .109. So far so good...but I do have some questions.

1. for those of you that came from a phone that had a keyboard, what settings do you have for the touchscreen. Currently i have (Tap Interval: 100, Hover Period: 1000, and Swipe: 6)

2. is it me or does the phone take a while to lock when you press the lock button on .109

3. in the sound profiles is there a way to set the number of beeps and vibrations for lets say a sms message or pin message. (i am able to set it w/ my 8830, just not sure if they disabled that feature on the storm)

as for now thats about it...IM LOVIN THIS PHONE
    #1 Keep trying different settings to see what works best for you. I'm at tap: 100 hover: 200 swipe: 6

#2 The memory cleaner app can cause lag in the lock/unlock. Go to Options>Security Options>Memory Cleaner and try disabling it. You can always enable it, run the cleaner and then disable it again.

#3 I believe if you go to Sounds>Custom profiles it will allow you to setup "custom" profiles where you can vary the number of rings and vibrations.

Hope that helps!
    02-25-09 02:07 PM
    #1 Keep trying different settings to see what works best for you. I'm at tap: 100 hover: 200 swipe: 6

#2 The memory cleaner app can cause lag in the lock/unlock. Go to Options>Security Options>Memory Cleaner and try disabling it. You can always enable it, run the cleaner and then disable it again.

#3 I believe if you go to Sounds>Custom profiles it will allow you to setup "custom" profiles where you can vary the number of rings and vibrations.

Hope that helps!
    thanks a lot...ill take a looksy when i get home
    02-25-09 02:18 PM
    So the way to change how many vibrations worked, but how do i go about changing how many times a notifier goes off, or is that feature not available in .109?
    03-02-09 11:15 AM
    So the way to change how many vibrations worked, but how do i go about changing how many times a notifier goes off, or is that feature not available in .109?
    Sorry, I thought a custom profile allowed you to repeat the notifier too, but doesn't look like it. You might want to try creating a longer ringtone that repeats? Or have the notifier play an mp3.
    03-02-09 11:28 AM
    Sorry, I thought a custom profile allowed you to repeat the notifier too, but doesn't look like it. You might want to try creating a longer ringtone that repeats? Or have the notifier play an mp3.
    yeah i could, but it should be a default setting within the OS. the 8830 had it, it should be an option on this phone as well. thanks for taking a look as well
    03-02-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD