If your car was running slowly would you pull out the battery to fix the problem.
    As a matter of fact, some cars do perform better if you disconnect the battery and let the computer reset to the default mapping (getting rid of the learned mapping).
    03-24-09 09:20 AM
    Ok, Please don't yell at me, but can someone please direct me to the .113 download? I've done a forum search with no luck.

Thanks in advance...
    Here you go....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/st...d-here-189149/
    03-24-09 09:20 AM
    I doubt anybody that any of us can get a hold of at the call centers or stores really know anything. It's all guessing at this time. Only rim and certain people at VZW really know. The people that know are I'm sure not accessible through a call to any 1-800 number.
    03-24-09 09:23 AM
    Ok then, if the COMPUTER in my CAR started to act up, would I take the battery out? Im just trying to say, that you should not have to take the battery out of any device to make it work properly, or in the storms case, badly
    03-24-09 09:27 AM
    Ok then, if the COMPUTER in my CAR started to act up, would I take the battery out? Im just trying to say, that you should not have to take the battery out of any device to make it work properly, or in the storms case, badly
    You obviously own the wrong type of phone then. Blackberrys need battery pulls every now and then. Just like if your computer is acting up, you restart it.
    It's software, where you been?
    Last edited by azboricua; 03-24-09 at 09:45 AM.
    03-24-09 09:31 AM
    Honestly, you're going to get far more accurate information on this message board than you will from any VZW rep. I hate to say it but it's true.
    03-24-09 09:35 AM
    Your analogy sucks. You disconnect the battery to reset the ecu. Its VERY common practice to reset the ecu after mods or to clear an engine code. Considering you can't just disconnect a line to disconnect the battery in the phone, you have to yank the whole thing. In a car you just pull the lines.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Joel S.; 03-24-09 at 09:37 AM.
    WOW.. Every smartphone requires a reset now and than. I think you need to go back to a dumbphone so you will never have to turn it off.
    I think you may be right. This is my first Blackberry, but I have owned other smartphones in the past but have never had to do this. I bought a Blackberry for its reputation but I have to say i am not very impressed so far. ok they need to upgrade the os but I think they should have held off for a few months until they got things right. I think the phone has great potential but potential is no good when the phone keeps droping out or the battery goes in the middle of a conversation. It just doesn't do what it says on the can. Maybe with the next upgrade.....
    03-24-09 09:43 AM
    yeah agree with all of the above. I upgraded to .113 on my 9500 and the phone is still as useful as an ashtray on a moterbike. todays list includes 4 dropouts during calls, big memory leak. answere button not responding, everything slow..slow..slow. And as for a battery pull. If your car was running slowly would you pull out the battery to fix the problem. Time is up. Give us a decent release that actually works so that we can all get on with our lives
    A phone IS NOT A FREAKIN' CAR......... If your PC started running slowly, you'd reboot it..... Since a Blackberry is A COMPUTER, it should be treated as one.....
    c'mon now kids play nice!
    03-24-09 09:43 AM
    WOW.. Every smartphone requires a reset now and than. I think you need to go back to a dumbphone so you will never have to turn it off.
    whats so dumb about a phone that you never have to turn off ?
    03-24-09 09:55 AM
    whats so dumb about a phone that you never have to turn off ?
    I hope you were being sarcastic, as he was.
    03-24-09 10:00 AM
    I hope you were being sarcastic, as he was.
    yeah, only jokin
    03-24-09 10:02 AM
    yeah, only jokin
    Hey I also wanted to tell you that if this is your first Blackberry, do yourself a favor. Dont take the Storm and generate an idea of Blackberry's. The people who have Storm's are either just waiting on RIM to release better software that will be up to par with the Storm's awesome hardware or are just plain ol fine with the Storm. I owned a Curve, the most stable device Blackberry has out. It is a beauty! but a little outdated. And is the reason why people are upset with the Storm's release, because they know what Blackberry is capable of. Honestly, I think everyone is waiting on the 9630 to be the Curve of the future.
    But thats just me.
    03-24-09 10:09 AM
    I think you may be right. This is my first Blackberry, but I have owned other smartphones in the past but have never had to do this. I bought a Blackberry for its reputation but I have to say i am not very impressed so far. ok they need to upgrade the os but I think they should have held off for a few months until they got things right. I think the phone has great potential but potential is no good when the phone keeps droping out or the battery goes in the middle of a conversation. It just doesn't do what it says on the can. Maybe with the next upgrade.....
    Hey I also wanted to tell you that if this is your first Blackberry, do yourself a favor. Dont take the Storm and generate an idea of Blackberry's. The people who have Storm's are either just waiting on RIM to release better software that will be up to par with the Storm's awesome hardware or are just plain ol fine with the Storm. I owned a Curve, the most stable device Blackberry has out. It is a beauty! but a little outdated. And is the reason why people are upset with the Storm's release, because they know what Blackberry is capable of. Honestly, I think everyone is waiting on the 9630 to be the Curve of the future.
    But thats just me.
    In addition to what azboricua said, I think you may have a lemon of a device there. There are some folks who have random freezes and reboots, but if you're running one of the better leaked OS's this shouldn't be a problem. In fact, I don't think it should be much of a problem on any of the officially released OS's. If yours is really giving you that much trouble, try to get a replacement phone to see if that helps.
    03-24-09 10:18 AM
    In addition to what azboricua said, I think you may have a lemon of a device there. There are some folks who have random freezes and reboots, but if you're running one of the better leaked OS's this shouldn't be a problem. In fact, I don't think it should be much of a problem on any of the officially released OS's. If yours is really giving you that much trouble, try to get a replacement phone to see if that helps.
    Thanks for the advice. Like I said, this is my first Blackberry and I really hope they sort out these bugs. Ill wait for the next upgrade and see if it works. if not Ill get a replacement.
    03-24-09 10:28 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD