I just got off the phone with a verizon rep and he said the new os has already been released to verizon
    But they haven't finished with their second stage of testing and it won't be out till next month. is .113 just another common leak that
    Really isn't that golden code we are all waiting for?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 10:37 PM
    I just got off the phone with a verizon rep and he said the new os has already been released to verizon
    But they haven't finished with their second stage of testing and it won't be out till next month. is .113 just another common leak that
    Really isn't that golden code we are all waiting for?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Wow shocker
    03-23-09 10:43 PM
    People people people...If you claim that the new OS is out TAKE A PIC or no one is ever going to believe you regardless of how "legit" your source sounds. Also make sure to now VOICE RECORD all conversations with VZ reps or no one is ever going to believe you...

Solid Evidence
    03-23-09 10:47 PM
    A lot of OS released from RIM go to VZW and they will approve it for release. Some leaks might not go to VZW but some do.
    03-23-09 11:01 PM
    Last edited by fisk112; 03-23-09 at 11:09 PM.
    03-23-09 11:07 PM
    lol! You make CB look like a cult
    03-23-09 11:11 PM
    I hope the new os comes out soon....
    03-23-09 11:11 PM
    its not a cult? i hope i get a refund on this robe and plastic cups i purchased for our journey
    03-23-09 11:16 PM
    What if it doesn't come out? I think we will have a better build than the offical OS anyway . . . what are most people running now .75? Meanwhile, we have .114hybrid v2 to keep us company. Everything beats the iphone in every case.
    03-23-09 11:19 PM
    I am definitely content right now....114 is smootly running
    03-23-09 11:43 PM
    I am content and running .75. My internet is fast, going from landscape to portrait is the only thing that takes a second.
    03-23-09 11:50 PM
    smootly? I would never go back to .75. have you tried the new builds?
    03-23-09 11:53 PM
    .113 is still not up to par. Yea it runs decent and has less memory leaks, but we still have bad color depth, severe typing lag in the browser, unreliable video player that gives an error every 2 minutes, and many other bugs. The wait since .75 has been waaaaay too long for them to put this crap out. Its still not good, its only acceptable. Im pretty sure this leak wasnt posted on the front page for a reason. Maybe Kevin didnt find any sense in us updating to an OS that will be obsolete in just a few days. Plus, why would they be all the way in the .17xs and decide to put out .113? Doesnt make much sense now does it?
    03-23-09 11:53 PM
    I'm running .75 with no errors or problems and ive had my phone for a week.
    03-24-09 06:36 AM
    I am content and running .75. My internet is fast, going from landscape to portrait is the only thing that takes a second.
    same for me....no probs, thanks to that drop i had a few days ago, even my lag has speeded up
    03-24-09 08:22 AM
    i'm fairly content with my .75.. though i've never tried the beta OS, so prolly don't know what i'm missing out on.

i'm too technically unsavvy to try to update.
    03-24-09 08:27 AM
    its not a cult? i hope i get a refund on this robe and plastic cups i purchased for our journey
    I'll bring the Kool Aid.
    03-24-09 08:30 AM
    yea im still running .75 too. i depend on this phone too much to mess it up, and I don't really have time to tinker with it...maybe in my collegiate days I would have.
    03-24-09 08:39 AM
    Also make sure to now VOICE RECORD all conversations with VZ reps or no one is ever going to believe you...

Solid Evidence
    I wouldn't believe anything a VZW rep says.
    03-24-09 08:44 AM
    .113 is still not up to par. Yea it runs decent and has less memory leaks, but we still have bad color depth, severe typing lag in the browser, unreliable video player that gives an error every 2 minutes, and many other bugs. The wait since .75 has been waaaaay too long for them to put this crap out. Its still not good, its only acceptable. Im pretty sure this leak wasnt posted on the front page for a reason. Maybe Kevin didnt find any sense in us updating to an OS that will be obsolete in just a few days. Plus, why would they be all the way in the .17xs and decide to put out .113? Doesnt make much sense now does it?
    Just because RIM is in the .17X's or whatever does not mean that VZW is there. We all know that VZW gets candidate OS's from RIM and does their own carrier testing. It obviously takes VZW a lot of time to run these tests so there is going to be a natural lag between the OS version of RIM and the released OS from VZW.
    03-24-09 08:46 AM
    when will people realize that just because RIM has been cooking builds in the .17x range, does not mean that Verizon is that far ahead in approving the builds... remember, when the phone released with .65, it was known that there were other newer builds around RIM.
    03-24-09 08:47 AM
    Ok, Please don't yell at me, but can someone please direct me to the .113 download? I've done a forum search with no luck.

Thanks in advance...
    03-24-09 08:49 AM
    yeah agree with all of the above. I upgraded to .113 on my 9500 and the phone is still as useful as an ashtray on a moterbike. todays list includes 4 dropouts during calls, big memory leak. answere button not responding, everything slow..slow..slow. And as for a battery pull. If your car was running slowly would you pull out the battery to fix the problem. Time is up. Give us a decent release that actually works so that we can all get on with our lives
    03-24-09 09:03 AM
    I've spend alot of time considering an upgrade, but I just don't think that it's worth it. I do admit that the Storm badly needs an upgrade, but I'm just going to wait until it's official from Verizon. I've been on this site enough to realize that the majority of the problem threads are from people who have upgraded to systems that aren't officially supported.

One quick question, however....I am interested in using Crackmem to clear up some memory space. I'm confused about whether I can do this without also installing a new operating system. Can anyone answer that?
    03-24-09 09:09 AM
    yeah agree with all of the above. I upgraded to .113 on my 9500 and the phone is still as useful as an ashtray on a moterbike. todays list includes 4 dropouts during calls, big memory leak. answere button not responding, everything slow..slow..slow. And as for a battery pull. If your car was running slowly would you pull out the battery to fix the problem. Time is up. Give us a decent release that actually works so that we can all get on with our lives
    A phone IS NOT A FREAKIN' CAR......... If your PC started running slowly, you'd reboot it..... Since a Blackberry is A COMPUTER, it should be treated as one.....
    03-24-09 09:14 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD