About? .76? He's FOS. Yes .76 is better than .75, but not that much. And surely not as much as he claims. That's just his ego because no other site had it.
    Yup. BGR tends to exaggerate a little bit when his ego kicks in.
    12-01-08 05:39 PM
    ^^^ I guess that's why he is called "boy" genius. He has that 1 up personality. You know the type... he has to one up everybody.
    12-01-08 05:45 PM
    It would but I am not sure I buy it. I would expect to see 4.7.1.x as a major enhancement. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't RIM try to keey the first two digits in line with the DM software 4.7.x.x ties to DM 4.7? If that is true 4.8 is probably not accurate.
    I really don't think the device will jump from 4.7-4.8 without any releases in between. The device just came out, I really doubt it is going to jump to a higher OS version that quickly.
    From a software engineer's perspective, I'd say this phone will never see a v4.8 ... Maybe months/years down the road after BlackBerry releases newer/more advanced models with 4.8+ OS's.

About? .76? He's FOS. Yes .76 is better than .75, but not that much. And surely not as much as he claims. That's just his ego because no other site had it.
    +1

The jump from .75 to .76 most likely addresses a handful of bugs we probably don't even know about yet so it would be tough to say.
    12-01-08 05:54 PM
    nope..I'm a mac user who has to use vmware fusion to do anything with the DM.. Most everything else I can do with os x.

Still have to use Windows... Isn't it a pain that Mac's have limitied access to software...

You have to go through extra steps just to get something to work...
    12-01-08 05:55 PM
    I have also heard about 4.8. I called VZW to tell them that when listening to the music player when i used the volume rocker buttons if I held them down it would either skip track or restart current track. She told me she would look into it and call me back. I have the VM saved where she stated that they were releasing 4.8 ASAP and it wold fix this issue. That it had left RIM and was being tested by Verizon. She said they had no date. So not sure if i should believe her but she did take the time to call back and tell me that so lets hope its true. However in the interum I just upgraded to 4.7.0.75 and it works MUCH MUCH faster in almost every aspect. I also dont hit the Mute, Flash, etc buttons on the screen any longer.
    lol.. that is what the buttons are 'supposed' to do when held down. Volume Up/Down when pressed, and Skip tracks when held down.
    12-01-08 06:00 PM
    yeah, as crucial said, no 4.8 for the storm, next major update will be 5.0, which from what I understand will be for the curves and pearls of the world.
    12-01-08 06:01 PM
    3.14159265 is the next revision, from what I heard.
    Must be pi in the sky
    12-02-08 08:07 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD