Hi everyone I'm new here, I've been lurking for a few months following this phone logging on like 5 times a day to check for updates. Today I came across this link, I guess like all the other info take it for what it is but it says the expected arrival date is October 1st just thought I'd introduce myself and give you guys this info..hope this isn't a repost.. Tried to post a link it wont let me I guess because Im new someone can ask me for it I'll pm it so they can post it it also says you can pre-order them for $599.99..
    09-25-08 11:07 PM
    Id like to see this link if you can send it to me!
    09-25-08 11:15 PM
    Sent to JShultz89.. Thanks for all the quick replys...
    09-25-08 11:19 PM
    Could you please send me the link? I'll post it here if I can

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 11:55 PM
    Umm...so WTF? Is this a joke or can we see the link?
    09-26-08 12:41 AM
    Umm...so WTF? Is this a joke or can we see the link?
    Stang, I PM'd you with a link.

Maybe this is what he was talking about. I just did a google search...

please post this link for me if you dont mind.
    09-26-08 12:52 AM

Thanks, here is the link:
    Blackberry 9530 Storm Smartphone for Verizon at MobileCityOnline.com

IDK, about this. I emailed them asking about the Storm release date.
    09-26-08 12:58 AM

let me try to post this link...for whatever its worth.

Im not sure if this is what ExclusiveTSX is reffering too or not..

mobilecityonline.com/wireless/store/productdetail.asp?productid=23799&refid=froogle&ut m_source=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_term=BB953 0&utm_campaign=froogle
    09-26-08 12:59 AM
    I think the site sells phones at a little discounted retail rate. It says "expected release date October 1st."

I think you pre-order the phone as it says and they will mail it out too you at a little discounted retail rate when the phone launches. I dont think it is anything to get excited over, as I have never heard of this site. it is a good find, although take it for what it is worth, thats all.
    09-26-08 01:07 AM
    Yupp, that was the link..and chill out stang lol..."wtf is this a joke?" I couldnt post a link because I just joined the site. I wouldnt waste people time with a load of bs..
    09-26-08 02:01 AM
    Some people are so ******** over this phone its hilarious. Its just a phone- wow.
    09-26-08 02:59 AM
    Some people are so ******** over this phone its hilarious. Its just a phone- wow.
    Lol I know, It's like I am excited but Its not my life its a PHONE lol, It's gunna be a kick-a** phone, but if they decide to release it a month later I'm not gunna go jump off a bridge..
    09-26-08 03:26 AM
    October 1st, hmmm, that is a wednesday. We're supposed to get something new from VZW every Wednesday. Here's hoping.
    09-26-08 07:18 AM
    October 1st, hmmm, that is a wednesday. We're supposed to get something new from VZW every Wednesday. Here's hoping.
    Heres to definitely hoping, but that is in less than a week. I dont think Verizon would release it without any real promotion to consumers, right? haha
    09-26-08 07:30 AM
    Heres to definitely hoping, but that is in less than a week. I dont think Verizon would release it without any real promotion to consumers, right? haha
    I dunno - With all the e-mail hype and direct mailings about "what will it feel like" (I just got mine yesterday) - I wouldn't think they would drag this thing out longer than a few weeks. "Normal" people will forget about it after about a week.
    09-26-08 08:24 AM
    Oh the irony of this coming from an iPhone user.
    09-26-08 08:30 AM
    Verizon releases a lot of their devices before they even start promotions. The Dare was out a few weeks before any commercials even started airing.
    09-26-08 08:37 AM
    Verizon releases a lot of their devices before they even start promotions. The Dare was out a few weeks before any commercials even started airing.
    Also, I noticed with the launch of the Dare and Voyager: Launch dates were never officially announced. All was speculation and confirmed from insiders even up to 7 days before actual product launch. I can see Verizon just releasing the thing before the G1 to maybe to get some customers wanting to switch. And yes, you're right, most advertising was done when the product already launched.
    09-26-08 08:41 AM
    I'm ready, bring it on!!!
    09-26-08 08:54 AM
    Ok, thats a good point. Just gotta wait and see.

Regarding the November 1st date; maybe it is not a good idea because of the election so close to its release?
    09-26-08 09:16 AM
    Hi and welcome 2 CB
    09-26-08 09:18 AM
    I think the site sells phones at a little discounted retail rate. It says "expected release date October 1st."
    It says "Expected Arrival Date" not release date.
    09-26-08 09:35 AM
    I'll tell you this now...

Verizon has never released a phone with a retail price of 699.99

And I've worked at Verizon.
    09-26-08 09:59 AM
    Holy cow. If it stays for $599 I'm not buying this. I was hoping maybe $299 but $600 is a little out of my league
    09-26-08 10:01 AM
    I noticed the same thing. I was on here and engadget and boygenius every day starting in april when i was getting a new phone waiting to see when the Curve was going to be released. I noticed promotion AFTER the device was released. I bet they just want to see how popular a device is without any real advertising so they can know what to expect in the future. Just my $.02
    09-26-08 10:01 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD