Hello All,
    New to the site and new to the world of Blackberry..My first and only Blackberry is the Storm, 9530, I bought it off ebay(poss mistake) however I got it activated Saturday at Verizon, they said they registered it etc cuz there wasnt a browser, said by morning Id have one.

Didnt have one yesterday morning so at 3pm was at verizon again

long story short, still no browser or browser option..

anyone know how to fix this? Followed the sticky thread on this none of those worked..

Also, my blackberry messenger doesnt work, are these issues related?

Thanks for the help everyone
    05-03-10 08:18 PM
    suggest read the how to threads - in the mean time try taking the battery out and/or resending the service books.
    05-03-10 08:29 PM
    I did browse the how to threads...I read the stick thread as well...As I said I was at verizon 2 separate days and atleast an hour or two both days and sat on the phone with their tech support

we tried everything they said etc

Just do not want to wait 3 to 5 more days for them to supposedly call me back to figure out the next step was curious if anyone knew what to try

Did a master reset pulled the batt restarted many times
    05-03-10 08:35 PM
    have you tried reinstalling the software via the Desktop manager?
    05-03-10 08:49 PM
    What OS are you running on the phone?
    05-03-10 09:14 PM
    No I have not tried to reinstall anything via desktop manager, honestly dont even have the desktop manager set up on my computer yet. It has V5.0.0328
    05-03-10 11:13 PM
    Being that it's an ebayed phone, if I were you I would use the JLCMDR or BBSAK tools to do a wipe on the phone, then install the OS from scratch using the desktop manager. While you are at it, delete all the folders on the memory card (or take it out and format it, too.) This way you can be sure you have the right software loaded and there are no hidden surprises left by the previous owner. It's not hard, most of the tools are self explanatory so it will probably take you longer to wait for the 200+mb DM to download than it will to get it figured out. If it got activated OK there is probably nothing wrong with the phone; the verizon people really don't know much about the BB platform so if they couldn't figure it out that's no surprise. Good luck!
    05-04-10 08:43 AM
    Someone from Verizon contacted me right now, since I didnt have another phone to speak to him on at the moment he told me to turn the radio off and then pull the sim and turn it back on, by radio is that an option on the phone or does he mean the phone itself?
    05-04-10 02:52 PM
    and jeff thanks for the idea, if this does not work with whomever called me from their tech support that is the next step I will try.
    05-04-10 02:53 PM
    you can turn the radio off by going into the manage connections app, turn all connections off.
    05-04-10 03:47 PM
    got it thanks figured it out after I posted on here..

they called back to tell me it is the phone itself with the issues etc

so gonna attempt what Jeff told me however don't have the usb cable for the phone to hook up to the computer..supposed to have one wednesday or thursday

thanks for the help so far all
    05-04-10 07:41 PM
    "if I were you I would use the JLCMDR or BBSAK tools to do a wipe on the phone, then install the OS from scratch using the desktop manager."

Where do I find the JLCMDR or BBSAK tools?
    05-04-10 08:09 PM
    "if I were you I would use the JLCMDR or BBSAK tools to do a wipe on the phone, then install the OS from scratch using the desktop manager."

BBSAK is here.
    05-04-10 08:14 PM

It's everyone's personal preference, but I prefer BBSAK. Version 1.7 is the one I use. I use it to back up my 3rd party apps and wipe device when I install a new OS.
    05-04-10 08:16 PM
    thanks for the link and for your preference on which to use..appreciate it

do you agree on using that to wipe the phone and upload the OS??

Verizon stated they did that she said they did a master reset but the 2 are completely different correct?
    05-04-10 08:21 PM
    thanks for the link and for your preference on which to use..appreciate it

do you agree on using that to wipe the phone and upload the OS??

Verizon stated they did that she said they did a master reset but the 2 are completely different correct?
    Yes. I would wipe the phone and reload the OS. Master reset is different. Once you reload the OS, then you should be able to register the phone on VZW and get the service books.
    05-04-10 08:23 PM
    juz wipe the phone...and reinstall a new OS
    05-04-10 08:25 PM
    wiped device..it said it was a low level wipe..that correct?
    05-04-10 10:09 PM
    downloaded BBSAK and clicked "wipe device" then uploaded the new OS via desktop manager..STILL no browser!!

I click switch application on the phone and there is a browser icon, clicked it hoping to access it and I get prompted with a message "Your device does not currently have any browser configuration services book entries.

Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device"

Weird when Verizon states it is the phone itself and not any of the services..

Stumped man do not get it...
    05-04-10 11:38 PM
    wiped device..it said it was a low level wipe..that correct?
    After the wipe the phone should show a 507 error
    05-05-10 12:34 AM
    verizon is replacing the phone for me, they tried everything as did i...
    05-07-10 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD