Just purchased the 9530 storm, and it has the 4.7.0.75 version... and it says there is no current upgrades for it... what in your opinion is the best up too date upgrade, and what are some good apps and such you like too use??? I also am trying too figure out how too send a text over a 160 characters do you have too use the mms on it, and how can I arrange the icons... I threw my iphone out the window and beside the storm freezing I am enjoying the new additon...

Thanks!
    Last edited by unccstorm67; 03-14-09 at 07:43 PM.
    03-14-09 07:36 PM
    I'm on .75 and am happy with it. no intentions to upgrade until another official release comes out (no, no one knows when that will be).

bblight is useful to sync the vib and ring instead of the vib then it finally ringing about the time the person hangs up.

MMS is the only way to get above the 160 limit with Verizon, regardless of what phone you have.

arranging the icons, go to the screen where you see them all. tap to highlight and click the BB Button (button that looks like a bunch of dots) then choose move. Click where you want it to be. the first 8 will show on the main screen. you can also hide icons in folders by choosing the move to folder option and the chose the folder you want to put it in.

when does your storm freeze? what are you doing when this happens.

Great apps. Google Maps, StormSketch, BBLight, Guitar Tuner, Guitar cords... thats all I have installed right now.
    03-14-09 07:41 PM
    Welcome to crackberry! Here's a couple of links for popular downloads...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...r+bb+downloads
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/wha...r+bb+downloads
    03-14-09 07:46 PM
    On the freezing: Just normal messing around with it, it has done it on about 7 or 8 seperate times now, and I just got it 2 days ago.
    03-14-09 08:05 PM
    Just purchased the 9530 storm, and it has the 4.7.0.75 version... and it says there is no current upgrades for it... what in your opinion is the best up too date upgrade, and what are some good apps and such you like too use??? I also am trying too figure out how too send a text over a 160 characters do you have too use the mms on it, and how can I arrange the icons... I threw my iphone out the window and beside the storm freezing I am enjoying the new additon...

Thanks!
    the icons you just hit the BB button and hit move to arrange

best os in my opinion is................................................ .... .109

apps: Poynt, CB launcher, RDM+ is really cool (but im only on the trial cuz i dont wanna pay), Viigo is good but takes a lot of mem.
    03-14-09 09:13 PM
    So I would agree with .109 especially if its your first upgrade. .114 (hybrid) IMHO is the best OS ever, but it takes some monkeying with.

I have slacker, storm level, and the free games.
    03-14-09 09:16 PM
    Okay I tried too dl a new os but yay for vista on this computer it is being a pain in the yahoo... I had the device connected too the usb but the comp isn't showing a connection, guess I will use my laptop tomorrow for the download cause god knows xp is alot less gay.
    03-14-09 09:21 PM
    So I would agree with .109 especially if its your first upgrade. .114 (hybrid) IMHO is the best OS ever, but it takes some monkeying with.

I have slacker, storm level, and the free games.
    I say stick with .109 because i myself dont like to stray into the hybrids (although im confident i could do it easily i just dont wanna explain that to verizon if my phone breaks and they repair it and blame it on the "Frankensteined" OS)

(Frankensteined is copyrighted by Mith industries based out of............. oh wait its a secret)
    03-15-09 12:53 AM
    .109 is a dream compared to .75!
    I'm running .114 only because its got the Russian Keyboard back....and cuz I'm too lazy to hack .109 with the Russian board files lol

App, I think it depends on your taste and needs, but I make an effort to try out all the ones that are free or have free trial and only buy those that I really like.

These apps, I highly recommend:
    QuickPull - saves you having to take off the battery cover and battery when you need to do a pull.
    Viigo - Great app for RSS and other news/information.
    Bolt - Its a browser that's currently in beta stage, but works great and loads pages FAST!
    Poynt - Great app for searching businesses, restaurants, movies and lots more and it can map it out!
    Radio Companion - This app will log recent songs played on radio stations and can send the artist and song name via email. Can stream some stations too.
    Slacker Mobile - This app streams ALOT of music stations...Sounds great!
    bluCTRL - Lets you controll your PC via bluetooth
    Weather bug - Displays weather for your area or any you input and can be viewed at a glance.
    Google Maps - The latest version uses your Storms GPS for better accuracy and function.
    ..... and all are freeeeeeeeee
    03-15-09 01:29 AM
    Also try to find the labyrinth game, good stuff!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 03:10 AM
    On the freezing: Just normal messing around with it, it has done it on about 7 or 8 seperate times now, and I just got it 2 days ago.
    I vote for the .109/.113/.114 Hybrid OS for sure. Its working like a charm!

As far as the freezing and reboots, that happens ALL THE TIME on .75 I would upgrade your OS asap! Even if its just to .109, when I was running that, it was still pretty awesome, and especially compared to .75.
    03-15-09 05:11 AM
    get use to the storm before you up date the software. Read as much as you can on this website and its fairly easy. just make sure you read up on how to fix a bricked storm cause thats where it gets alittle technical if you dont know what your doing. Enjoy the storm
    03-15-09 06:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD