That does not a warm fuzzy make
    11-02-08 09:05 AM
    its like how long should we have to wait to have a cool device? we pay to dollar for the service we just want cool gadgets...its lke if you drove a camry with a corvette engine in it,,yea it erforms great,,but iits not the comlete package,,,,and for the money we spend dont we deserve the comlete package??? or at the very least one f$%$#ing cool phone??
    everytime i log into cb or verizonwireless my frustration grows...
    11-02-08 10:38 AM
    its like how long should we have to wait to have a cool device? we pay to dollar for the service we just want cool gadgets...its lke if you drove a camry with a corvette engine in it,,yea it erforms great,,but iits not the comlete package,,,,and for the money we spend dont we deserve the comlete package??? or at the very least one f$%$#ing cool phone??
    everytime i log into cb or verizonwireless my frustration grows...
    What you consider cool might not be what everyone considers cool. And you pay about the same you would pay at at&t,unless you have some bundle pricing, but out the door advertised pricing is about the same, just you don't get to get free third party GPS is about the only difference.

Say what you will and people may disagree, but Verizon isn't keen on putting out devices that have tons of bugs that have to be fixed within a month. It happens, but not typically widespread like the iphone or other phones. And they really can't, because people have this insane idea in their head that verizon is a billion dollars more expensive than anyone else, and they must be perfect in every aspect to make up for the cost. When reality is... those days are behind us when comparing the 2 main wireless carriers. **VZW vs ATT**

Verizon messes up = **** on earth
    at&t messes up = no real backlash.

Pretty much same price points on 95% of everything. I just don't get the arguments anymore, and honestly the device has been announced for not to long, and never has had a date, just a "Hey look what's in the pipeline."
    The Iphone had a what? 2 - 3 month advertising campaign before it was on sell? Why are we bickering about a month then? Please help me see the reason because I honestly am not grasping it, i'm not saying anyone is wrong but logically I can't make much sense of many of the complaints that are being thrown around.
    11-02-08 12:35 PM
    And the iphone is the only true "cool" device. The rest can arguably be compared to another verizon phone.

I personally would rather have the env any day of the week over anything other than a blackberry, *shrug* that's just me. The dare was pretty awesome to with the web browsing, I never had an issue with the phone.
    11-02-08 12:36 PM
    Best Buy Mobile will have the storm the day it releases as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 12:39 PM
    What you consider cool might not be what everyone considers cool. And you pay about the same you would pay at at&t,unless you have some bundle pricing, but out the door advertised pricing is about the same, just you don't get to get free third party GPS is about the only difference.

Say what you will and people may disagree, but Verizon isn't keen on putting out devices that have tons of bugs that have to be fixed within a month. It happens, but not typically widespread like the iphone or other phones. And they really can't, because people have this insane idea in their head that verizon is a billion dollars more expensive than anyone else, and they must be perfect in every aspect to make up for the cost. When reality is... those days are behind us when comparing the 2 main wireless carriers. **VZW vs ATT**

Verizon messes up = **** on earth
    at&t messes up = no real backlash.

Pretty much same price points on 95% of everything. I just don't get the arguments anymore, and honestly the device has been announced for not to long, and never has had a date, just a "Hey look what's in the pipeline."
    The Iphone had a what? 2 - 3 month advertising campaign before it was on sell? Why are we bickering about a month then? Please help me see the reason because I honestly am not grasping it, i'm not saying anyone is wrong but logically I can't make much sense of many of the complaints that are being thrown around.
    Beautiful. I couldn't agree with you more. One of the funniest complaint is "If Verizon doesn't release the Storm by certain date, I'm getting myself an iphone." Or "If Verizon doesn't release the Storm by certain date, I'm canceling my contract and going to another carrier." It's just ridiculous if you ask me.
    11-02-08 12:59 PM
    Glad to see atleast one other person views things the same as me,
    11-02-08 01:02 PM
    When the iphone started with their advertising, I really wanted the phone. Everything about it was just plain old 'cool.' I was upset that it was strictly for At&t. I've been with Verizon for too long to even think about switching carriers. I love Verizon, don't have any problems with them at all. I have friends with different carriers and some of their service just plain suck. I'm not going to say what carrier cause I don't want this to turn into a verizon vs others thread.

What I'm saying is, I didn't cry that the iphone wasn't coming to Verizon. I didn't start complaining that if Verizon didn't bring the phone that I was going to another carrier. To me personally the carrier is first and then the phone. There's got to be at least one phone within that carrier that you like. So instead of bashing Verizon for testing and testing to make sure they bring out a solid product, either wait or get a different phone. If Verizon never brings out the 'cool' phones and always is the last one to bring them out, go to at&t.
    11-02-08 01:07 PM
    i m not ticked because of the release date so to speaak,im just real eager to have a kicka$$ phone for a change,and its true that everyones ddefinition of cool are different,but that doesnt concern me,im concerned about 'my' definiition of cool,,,,i want this gadget,and ill want the next one too,,i always want the lates and greatest,,,its a hobby i enjoy...i work hard,make decentmoney,,so on small expenses like this, i spend it on myself,,i feel i deserve it...but whether this phones is the latest and greatest is only paprtof it,,,it is to 'me' a really nice toy to have,cool is just how i 'would ' define it...my comlaints are simple,,,i want my toy now
    11-02-08 01:13 PM
    When the iphone started with their advertising, I really wanted the phone. Everything about it was just plain old 'cool.' I was upset that it was strictly for At&t. I've been with Verizon for too long to even think about switching carriers. I love Verizon, don't have any problems with them at all. I have friends with different carriers and some of their service just plain suck. I'm not going to say what carrier cause I don't want this to turn into a verizon vs others thread.

What I'm saying is, I didn't cry that the iphone wasn't coming to Verizon. I didn't start complaining that if Verizon didn't bring the phone that I was going to another carrier. To me personally the carrier is first and then the phone. There's got to be at least one phone within that carrier that you like. So instead of bashing Verizon for testing and testing to make sure they bring out a solid product, either wait or get a different phone. If Verizon never brings out the 'cool' phones and always is the last one to bring them out, go to at&t.
    bro,,,,its like we're sooo close.....and carrier comes first to me too....7yrs with big red,,,i wld never leave em over phones,its simply the best service...i just want my toy
    11-02-08 01:16 PM
    I own the dare, it is garbage...plain and simple. that is a crappy device verizon pushed out with tons of bugs. Ever try listening to mp3's on yours?
    11-02-08 01:31 PM
    I own the dare, it is garbage...plain and simple. that is a crappy device verizon pushed out with tons of bugs. Ever try listening to mp3's on yours?
    I owned a dare for about 3 weeks and my gf still has hers. It worked fine for me and still does for her and the MP3's play just fine. Only reason I returned it was in anticipation for the Storm.
    11-02-08 01:37 PM
    bro,,,,its like we're sooo close.....and carrier comes first to me too....7yrs with big red,,,i wld never leave em over phones,its simply the best service...i just want my toy
    Trust me bro we all understand, I hope my point was orchestrated well enough, I understand the frustration... but people are complaining it's taking to long to release when really, it's not that different from the iphone, which like it or not, is this phones primary comparison. The information is only readily available as of a month ago, iphone is 2 - 3 months. So yeah, I think the launch is smooth, but patience for people that have known is wearing thin. Don't blame verizon for our shortcomings, . We as crackberry addicts and tech lovers are not the easiest to please people, we are window shoppers typically, and we want what we want here and now. It's not verizon, it's me that has the problem, lol.

Hope that clarifies my point a little better!
    11-02-08 02:49 PM
    MP3's were great on mine. Even ran them through my car stereo with a car cassette adaptor. I never have had a problem with the dare, nor the quality of the phone... personally.

But again, I had an env for 1.5 years and never had a problem, and have seen people go through 6 of em. *shrug*
    11-02-08 02:50 PM
    I have a Dare as well. It's a decent phone..although it does have its bugs (mine turns off on its own every once in awhile)... The only REAL problem I have with it is that it doesn't do everything I need it to do. I need a better calendar, better e-mail app, better media player (not necessary, but would be cool), better browser, etc.

I use to have the iPhone, so I'm just use to a lot more. I think the Storm will suffice though.
    11-02-08 04:28 PM
    Trust me bro we all understand, I hope my point was orchestrated well enough, I understand the frustration... but people are complaining it's taking to long to release when really, it's not that different from the iphone, which like it or not, is this phones primary comparison. The information is only readily available as of a month ago, iphone is 2 - 3 months. So yeah, I think the launch is smooth, but patience for people that have known is wearing thin. Don't blame verizon for our shortcomings, . We as crackberry addicts and tech lovers are not the easiest to please people, we are window shoppers typically, and we want what we want here and now. It's not verizon, it's me that has the problem, lol.

Hope that clarifies my point a little better!
    i must say i agree with you 100%,,,verizon has said nothing officially,,,im just an impatient kid with virtually n o patience from watchiing my kids...cant daddy get his ???
    11-02-08 05:56 PM
    Well, I am glad I found out about the storm when i did...the beginning of this Oct. I went to get a new phone, knowing my contract wasn't up, I was prepared to pay full price for something nice...(this was before I learned anything about the storm)...well the guy at the store told me if I waited 2 weeks I would have a huge discount...not quite the NE2, but just for having my phone for a year...I decided to wait and a co-worker was telling me about the storm...well when I got home, I searched it, came to this website and I know almost everything about it...now I have something to look forward to...I do know most of you have known about and followed this phone long before I have so I can see how it could get old i guess...sorry for my run on sentence lol
    11-02-08 10:08 PM
    i must say i agree with you 100%,,,verizon has said nothing officially,,,im just an impatient kid with virtually n o patience from watchiing my kids...cant daddy get his ???
    haha can't daddy get his? You trying to hint at something?
    11-03-08 07:16 AM
    I say it comes out pre-order some time this week
    11-03-08 05:47 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD