The storm isn't working out for me. I've invested not only money, but a boat load of time in to trying to get it to work for me. From adding apps to make it functional, to upgrading to leaked OS, to scanning the forums daily for working leaks or tips on how to make it better. I feel like my life is revolving around this phone, instead of this phone making my life easier.

So I'm thinking of going back to my eNV, and waiting till the new iphone or palm pre, or comes out, and seeing the reviews on it before deciding to jump on it. I'll come back from time to time and check the forums to see if RIM has given the storm some magic beans in the meantime.

I just don't see the point of paying an extra $360/year for a data plan, email, etc. When none of it works as well as it should.
    04-05-09 04:01 PM
    Best of luck. They aren't called crackberry's for nothing
    04-05-09 04:04 PM
    Now that's pretty drastic, going back to a dumbphone just wouldn't be an option. Just curious, what exactly isn't working for you on the Storm?
    04-05-09 04:05 PM
    I don't get all my emails. They show up in my in box online, but don't come to the phone. I've resent service books, I've deleted the email accounts and added them back to the phone. I've gone onto gmail and made changes to allow the emails to come to the phone and I still miss 3-5 emails a week.

This morning I didn't get an email that I needed to respond to right away and it is really ****ed things up for me, b/c I was relying on this phone to get the emails.

I downloaded apps such as where and poynt to get me to places around town. Only to have to go back and delete them b/c they're memory hogs and slow the phone down to a crawls pace. Sure I can hit soft reset to spped things up for a bit. But now I have to wait 5-8 minutes for the phone to reboot itself.

So now when I need the address for something. I have to google it on the browser, and then click on the page several times and watch it reload over 2-3 minutes to get an address/phone number. Write down the address and then go to google maps to get directions. Once on google maps, I still don't get live updates of turn here or there. Just a map and written directions. It's just a pain to use.

I've upgraded the OS so many times, I can't even count them all. Im on .113 and I still get a huge lag when texting. I can text so much faster on the eNV then I can on this phone.

It's just an overall sense of work to have this phone. I'd rather just keep my garmin with me, and keep my laptop with me and look for hotspots, and just have a dumb phone for texts and calls. Then deal with the disappoints in this phone.

I really loved the idea of what a blackberry could/should do. But this blackberry doesn't live up to its expectations.
    04-05-09 04:19 PM
    I don't get all my emails. They show up in my in box online, but don't come to the phone. I've resent service books, I've deleted the email accounts and added them back to the phone. I've gone onto gmail and made changes to allow the emails to come to the phone and I still miss 3-5 emails a week.

This morning I didn't get an email that I needed to respond to right away and it is really ****ed things up for me, b/c I was relying on this phone to get the emails.

I downloaded apps such as where and poynt to get me to places around town. Only to have to go back and delete them b/c they're memory hogs and slow the phone down to a crawls pace. Sure I can hit soft reset to spped things up for a bit. But now I have to wait 5-8 minutes for the phone to reboot itself.

So now when I need the address for something. I have to google it on the browser, and then click on the page several times and watch it reload over 2-3 minutes to get an address/phone number. Write down the address and then go to google maps to get directions. Once on google maps, I still don't get live updates of turn here or there. Just a map and written directions. It's just a pain to use.

I've upgraded the OS so many times, I can't even count them all. Im on .113 and I still get a huge lag when texting. I can text so much faster on the eNV then I can on this phone.

It's just an overall sense of work to have this phone. I'd rather just keep my garmin with me, and keep my laptop with me and look for hotspots, and just have a dumb phone for texts and calls. Then deal with the disappoints in this phone.

I really loved the idea of what a blackberry could/should do. But this blackberry doesn't live up to its expectations.
    Man, I would have tried the gmail app and just kept it running in the bg, but I can see why you would want to switch. I totally understand about not getting important email, it happened to me more than once on the Storm early on. Good luck to you and hope you at least keep it in the family when you go back to a smartphone. My Curve has been absolutely flawless for my mission critical stuff and I am sure the Niagara will be a solid device as well. The Storm will get there too, but VZW needs to understand that some people just can't wait......
    04-05-09 04:28 PM
    Yeah, I'd suggest looking at another BB if you're still interested in getting your mail etc on the phone without the immature operating system of the storm.
    04-05-09 06:20 PM
    Just get a new BB.
    04-05-09 06:29 PM
    Before giving up on it you might want to find a way to exchange it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 06:36 PM
    I feel the OP's pain.... I missed a few vital emails over the past 2 weeks... Over 10g's in sales down the drain..... I was happier with my 8830, but I had to have this phone, so I am not giving up just yet. I am on .113 as well, and finally getting everything to work just the way I want them to... I start/end everyday with a battery pull, in hopes of avoiding missed emails... VZW is useless....

To be honest, without a resource such as this page, I would have quit my BB Storm a month ago. Touch Screen is nice, but I am over it now...

I say get another BB that will fit your needs better. This is the only BB I have had that has given me problems, all the others were solid phones/PDA's..... I could not live without a BB now.
    04-05-09 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD