First post. Eagerly anticipating my Storm purchase next week . Been reading these forums since November.

Can someone please post a picture of the transparent camera button from the .86 leak?
    01-16-09 09:09 PM
    I have to agree I wanna see that too.

But I'm definitely not going to update my Storm to .86.
    01-16-09 09:47 PM
    I just tried it using CaptureIt, it did not include the UI. So I had my GF take a pic with her phone. I'll post up when I receive the MMS.
    01-16-09 10:04 PM
    I just tried it using CaptureIt, it did not include the UI. So I had my GF take a pic with her phone. I'll post up when I receive the MMS.
    ... THANKS IN ADVANCE.
    01-16-09 10:08 PM
    Here you go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 10:10 PM
    very accurate representation, and a much needed feature.
    01-16-09 10:11 PM
    Is the camera any faster?
    01-16-09 10:13 PM
    Looks sexy.
    01-16-09 10:14 PM
    I don't think the camera is any faster than it was with .85. But the transparent camera bar has helped me take better pictures since I know what is on the bottom of my pictures before taking them. I was surprised when I was taking a picture the morning after .86 leaked and saw the bar transparent. I was thinking that it was glitch at first but I noticed others were seeing it too.

Last edited by ArmaK; 01-16-09 at 10:19 PM.
    01-16-09 10:16 PM
    the camera is fast than any .7X OS that's for sure!
    01-16-09 10:19 PM
    I have to agree I wanna see that too.

But I'm definitely not going to update my Storm to .86.
    Where is the fear associated with updating to .86 coming from?

By reading and following the instructions on the forums, you too will be able to see for yourself what the UI is for the camera?
    01-16-09 10:47 PM
    01-16-09 10:50 PM
    Thanks for the pics guys.

Let me pose this question: Do you think they should/will implement this transparent feature throughout the entire OS? Why or why not?

I think it would be dead sexy plus functional because you would still be able to see the entire screen. Even with the keyboard I think it would be pretty damn hot myself.
    01-16-09 11:00 PM

Let me pose this question: Do you think they should/will implement this transparent feature throughout the entire OS? Why or why not?

I think it would be dead sexy plus functional because you would still be able to see the entire screen. Even with the keyboard I think it would be pretty damn hot myself.
    To be honest, no.
    01-16-09 11:02 PM
    Is anybody's portrait video camera full screen? Mine has the transparent thing on the bottom but the picture of what you are taking a video of doesn't even go down that far.

No biggie, but just wondering if this is normal.
    01-17-09 12:11 AM
    That looks great.. thanks for the pics.
    01-17-09 12:28 AM
    why is that bar even there? the soft-key buttons do the important tasks and if you need something else you can access the rest via the bb button.
    01-17-09 12:35 AM
    The function of the camera bar is just like that for any digital camera. It supplies you with the information used for the picture. In the case of the storm the first number lets you know how many pictures you can still take depending on where you have the pictures being saved to. The second number is the manual zoom level for the camera. The icon that looks like a lightning bolt lets you know your flash setting (on, off, or automatic). The next icon lets you know they type of lighting condition and if you should use a flash. The last icon lets you know if the bb has picked up your gps location for geotagging. All of these are useful once you get to understand them.

Last edited by ArmaK; 01-17-09 at 12:50 AM.
    01-17-09 12:44 AM
    Where is the fear associated with updating to .86 coming from?

By reading and following the instructions on the forums, you too will be able to see for yourself what the UI is for the camera?
    The fear comes from the many post in the .86 thread switching back to either .85 ot the official Os.

01-17-09 03:23 AM
    The fear comes from the many post in the .86 thread switching back to either .85 ot the official Os.

So you have a fear of a 10 minute process. I see. LOL
    Upgrade... play around... if you dont like it... downgrade.
    01-17-09 06:26 AM
    So you have a fear of a 10 minute process. I see. LOL
    Upgrade... play around... if you dont like it... downgrade.
    Honestly... yes! And I think I'm not the only one. When I had the Pearl I didn't really care. I use to upgrade and downgrade if a thing or two were not working up to my expectation.

But with this new baby it's a whole lot different. I'm satisfied with the .76 experience and I will wait for an official release before upgrading this time.
    01-17-09 07:06 AM
    Honestly... yes! And I think I'm not the only one. When I had the Pearl I didn't really care. I use to upgrade and downgrade if a thing or two were not working up to my expectation.

But with this new baby it's a whole lot different. I'm satisfied with the .76 experience and I will wait for an official release before upgrading this time.
    Without any further hijacking...I couldn't disagree more. Easy process. Failproof if you follow directions.

I just think its funny when folks ask others who have upgraded what their OS is like, etc....in reality in 30 minutes they could find out for themselves.

Oh well.

01-17-09 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD