Hello All!

I just got my Storm yesterday as a replacement to my iPhone and I must say it is a fair competitor. So far there are two things I am not really pleased with about the Storm.

First, when I add my Gmail account to the BlackBerry email application the device is, for some reason, not downloading all of my old email. I realize this isn't necessary but there are many emails that I need from time to time.

Second, when I was using my iPhone I could create different calendar categories such as "Work" "School" and "Home". From what I can see each new category in the BB email is tied to an email account.

Third, I am using Missing Sync for my device. Through this I synchronize all of my iTunes music. Every time I sync the device it copies all of my music over. Is there any way to just update changes made?

I know I should have held out for a Storm 2, but I needed a new phone for better service. I have 30 days to try it out and if I don't like it I may downgrade to a smoother running BB...

Thanks for the help, I have been reading a lot on these forums in the past weeks.

-Reese
    05-23-09 11:07 AM
    1. The Device wont d-load your past emails unless you actually put them on the device through DM
    2. Yes that is the only way i know of
    3. Try just dropping your music on through the blackberry media folder in Finder
    4. Keep YOUR STORM!!!!
    05-23-09 11:17 AM
    Same thing he said. Except try forwarding the messages to the different accounts. And then
    Back to the ones you need them in.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 11:29 AM
    Welcome to club reese. I hop you enjoy your stay. For you old email the best way is to use your dm as Penubra said.

As for the calendar, unfortunately it is a straight forward app and will just combine all you calendars in to one cohesive one.

I could be wrong on this, since I never tried to create multiple calendars.

As for storm 2?? Well; all we know is that it is coming.
    05-23-09 11:57 AM
    I'd recommend using the Gmail mobile app for going to older emails that haven't been pulled down.

Gmail
    05-23-09 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD